Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi Final: Sydney Swans v North Melbourne Kangaroos

Lloyd doesn't cut it for me.

Goes up to 11
    A home semi next year might be a good idea. 31,000 - what a disgrace. Should have been at the SCG - end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I hate losing to North but with the team we had in deep down I knew it would happen ????.

Can't see North beating the Eagles.
    They'll get thrashed next week like they got thrashed in the prelim last year!

God that was painful to watch.

Lewis Jetta screwed us pretty good in this match. Good riddance. Hope you enjoy West Australia you good for nothing @@@@@.

Mike Pyke is done.

I also hate to admit it but it looks like other supporters were right about the Buddy trade. If it turns out that the whole cocaine thing is true, I swear to God...

Beaten fair and square by the 8th placed team. What an embarrassment. And man oh man, swans seriously need to learn how to be mentally tough in the off-season. Other teams too easily get under our skin. We were rattled when they started their psychological warfare in the first quarter.

Warming the Bench
    I am now hoping for 2 WA teams in the grand final. 1. North gets done and 2. Hawks get thrashed. Unfortunately Freo are a bit dodgy.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    A home semi next year might be a good idea. 31,000 - what a disgrace. Should have been at the SCG - end of story.
    Yep, good riddance to that horrible ground!

Of course it should have been at the SCG..It would have been a sell out and a better game ...win lose or draw, the SCG is a great venue for AFL...on second thoughts, it would have meant more money for the AFL...so perhaps it was a good thing it was at Homebush...

Speaking of the AFL and money....I hope they lose a motsa this final series..Their officiating is shameful for a professional sport, the fact that nobody knows what that 50metre penalty was for is just an indication, their random trade bans on Sydney are just laughable, their TV deals and associated commentary teams are a joke, their expansion team in Sydney is a ludicrous money grab and their Victorian Centric attitude is pathetic...for a billion dollar industry, they are just incomprehensibly inept ...

Warming the Bench
    Bar the end, the defence was pretty okay. It was the lack of midfield engine, some talls (not just tall, have you seen buddy move) and that showed in the lack of attacking pressure.
    Well done north, almost lost to a half strength team but saved it. Look forward to seeing them get eaten alive by west coast

Quote Originally Posted by paper_rival View Post
    Bar the end, the defence was pretty okay. It was the lack of midfield engine, some talls (not just tall, have you seen buddy move) and that showed in the lack of attacking pressure.
    Well done north, almost lost to a half strength team but saved it. Look forward to seeing them get eaten alive by west coast
    That's a positive I took out of the game. The defense worked really well. Rampe playing his ass off as usual. 30 possession game.

Kangaroos have a really, really good forward line from what I saw. The score should've been a lot higher. We rebounded heaps of times.

Not sure what's going on with our forward line. I just don't.

I suppose Tippett being used as a ruck because Pyke is so @@@@ is what's hurting us so badly in the forward line. If it weren't of the trade ban, we'd be right up there this year.

Jetta has looked lost these finals. He has been around long enough to know he needs to lift. Really frustrated with Pyke too.

Warming the Bench
    Too many injuries, with the loss of Jack, Reid, Parker, and Buddy. Wouldn't be surprised quite a few of our "fit" players there tonight are carrying injuries as well.

Our list looks extremely tired and i know we had 4 out but I feel we are only going to drop down the ladder not push for a flag. Our skills are horrible and the senior players we have aren't going to learn how to kick now! If you can't kick by this stage of your career then it's too late to learn now. Even Parker and K. Jack are extremely suspect by foot and the less said about Sam Reid's kicking the better.

The game has changed and its the highly skilled teams that know how to move the ball quick are the ones that are premiership threats not the low scoring defensive game we play.

We have a lot of work to do and plenty of list turnover before we can play that style of football and really challenge again.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast