Thread: Ex Assistant Coach Ross Lyon

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar

Ex Assistant Coach Ross Lyon

If you think that AFL people are fair dinkum, then have a bit of a look at LYON, who helped us win the 2005 premiership, who pretty much stated that we had a extra $1m in the cap to buy a power forward.

�I don�t see us with a salary cap advantage to go and get a power forward though for an extra million dollars. That doesn�t happen."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl...-1227544577263

No more friends Ross? What a whinge. They have failed to recruit, outside the draft, for years, attracting Danyl Pearce and not much else. Have a look at yourself?

Ex Assistant Coach Ross Lyon

Yes I was annoyed when I heard Lyon say that.
    Other than that Lyon was realistic and balanced in his comments about the loss. I liked that he didn't whinge about the umpiring as one (Western Australian?) reporter tried to get him to do. Lyon quite correctly said it was a lack of discipline by Freo that provided the opportunity for those two soft frees in the first quarter. Not surprisingly one was from Hayden Ballantyne.

Coincidentally, yesterday I came across this article about the long-standing friendship between Longmire and Clarkson (written a year ago in the lead up to the GF). And in it was exactly the same swipe by Clarkson about an extra million dollars. Hadn't realised before that Clarkson was on the record effectively accusing the Swans of using COLA to buy Franklin.
    "When the news became public, it put a strain on the relationships. Clarkson said: �I didn�t like it one little bit that (Buddy) Franklin was able to go to their club 12 months after Kurt Tippett

�I have a very different philosophy to Horse on equalisation and salary cap allowances and that sort of thing. I know full well he would squeal like a shot pig if Hawthorn was getting the fortune of $1 million salary cap relief.�

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Veterans List
    Not surprised that both of those coaches are whinging. It's typical from them.

The nerve of Clarkson to complain about us getting Tippett and Buddy when the Hawks have obtained players from bottom of the ladder clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    If you think that AFL people are fair dinkum, then have a bit of a look at LYON, who helped us win the 2005 premiership, who pretty much stated that we had a extra $1m in the cap to buy a power forward.

�I don�t see us with a salary cap advantage to go and get a power forward though for an extra million dollars. That doesn�t happen."

I

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl...-1227544577263

No more friends Ross? What a whinge. They have failed to recruit, outside the draft, for years, attracting Danyl Pearce and not much else. Have a look at yourself?
    I really do not like Ross Lyon, it was the only silver lining of the Hawks winning last night