Thread: Swans v Norf Match thread

Swans v Norf Match thread

Couldn't see a match thread so decided to start one.

Last year we gave Norf a thrashing in the Prelim. Don't expect this to be so easy. They have recruited well and have less injury worries than we do. Norf have decided not to risk taking Wells into the game. There was an article in which Robbie Tarrant said they would be ready for our talls. That won't be hard half of them aren't playing. I think today it is going to be the smalls he is going to have to worry about. If our crumbers get up and about then Norf are going to have a big job trying to stop their speed.

The dangers for us are obvious; Goldstien is a very good ruckman and some of the experts are tipping him to upset Fyfe in the Brownlow. The old bloke had a good match last week so Harry will have to be really on his game to take him out. Zeibell is the one we have to get a hold of and give a big welcome to the game. If he gets going so do Norf.

Their tall forwards are always a worry but we seem to have two good matches on them. The third is a worry but Ramps has been doing such a good job I'm sure he will be solid.

Where they are going to have to beat us is in the centre square and stoppages. If Joey, Hannas & co get hold of plenty of ball they will be in trouble in there and our boys are used to roving to losing rucks. Rohan, Jetts, Harry, Isaac & Deano are pivotal as they break the lines.

Our major worry is where the goals are going to come from. Rohan, Isaac or Deano will have to play FF at times during the game. Pykie has to do much more, he can't go through this one with just 11 HO and 5 Disposals. Goodsie might still be used in the mids allowing for a shorter faster forward structure. Benny MUST have a good game tonight or it is Bye Bye Benny. He needs to play forward I think and sit under Pykie & Tip.

Bring on the game; C'mon the Swans/Bloods.

Happy and I know it
    Changes:

Kayne Turner replaces Robin Nahas. James Rose comes in for Brandon Jack. Lindsay Thomas and Zak Jones are the subs.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Changes:

Kayne Turner replaces Robin Nahas. James Rose comes in for Brandon Jack. Lindsay Thomas and Zak Jones are the subs.
    Mmmmm interesting wonder why Brandon Jack is out,

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Changes:

Wow! Excited to see how Rose goes with a full game.Go Swannies!

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Mmmmm interesting wonder why Brandon Jack is out,
    Because he has played poorly the last 2 weeks and he is only a young player.

Veterans List
    Merge this thread with the other match thread please......
    Last edited by stevoswan; 19th September 2015 at 07:26 PM.

Veteran Site Admin
    Too hard to merge on my phone. Will try to close this one for now and merge when I get home