Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Goodes

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    By my calculation, Adam becomes eligible this season for consideration for inclusion in the AFL Hall of Fame. Do people here think that he will go straight in? If he is selected, will he turn up for the event? It could be interesting.
    He has to be offered, surely. Will he take it? I think so...as long as nobody from Collingwood past or present is allowed near him or his celebration.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Agree with sharp9 that it's probably up to him.
    If question of character impeded the inclusion/elevation of G.Ablett senior and Wayne Carey, then in the case of Adam Goodes - character considerations should hasten his inclusion/elevation.
    Such integrity, humility and empathy, he makes me wish I was a better person.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    By my calculation, Adam becomes eligible this season for consideration for inclusion in the AFL Hall of Fame. Do people here think that he will go straight in? If he is selected, will he turn up for the event? It could be interesting.
    There is nothing in the comments and interviews he made last year around the release of the documentaries that suggests he wants anything to do with anything associated with the AFL (as opposed to the Swans) ever again in his life. In fact, he was quite clear about it.

I'd love to see him honoured; but it's his call and I'll be pleasantly surprised if he takes up the offer.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

People mellow with age and time heals. Perhaps offer it in a couple more years.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122