Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodes

Senior Player
    I recall his 8-goal haul v Freo at the SCG one night.I could not understand why so few stood up to applaud when he bagged the 8th - a breathtakingly brilliant performance.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post
    I recall his 8-goal haul v Freo at the SCG one night.I could not understand why so few stood up to applaud when he bagged the 8th - a breathtakingly brilliant performance.
    missed his first few shots that night. Went from 0.2 to 8.2

I've been a member of the club for 16 years, and Goodesy has been there the whole time. I'm gonna miss him.

On the off chance you ever read this Goodesy, thank you so much for all that you have brought to this club during your time here. You're still my 10yo daughter's favourite player and my photo with the kids, you and Kizza and the 2012 Premiership Cup is the wallpaper on my computer. I hope you return for a lap around the ground at our first home game next year.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Stella - a terrific tribute, and summary of the situation.

I've actually found myself outright angry with so much about this. To think a bloke who made himself a great player, leader and icon to so many felt the need to walk quietly into the night is a sad and shameful thing.

But everyone on this board knows two things: we've been privileged to watch a player without peer, and as a person, Adam Goodes on his worst day is better than every one of his critics.
    well said IU2 & the lovely Stella!! The world would be a much better place if there were more people like Adam in it. I'm really sad that he'll be away for the lap of the MCG - but then why should he have to put up with the vile behaviour of the Neanderthals from the West & Victoria. So thank you for being you Adam- thank you for the exciting footy you played - it certainly (for the most part ) was a fabulous ride. Enjoy your 8 week holiday with your beautiful partner and we'll see you soon in the next exciting chapter of your life. Much love xx

The great man. My favourite player ever. After the game I was pretty emotional about how his last year was received and how he didn't even get carried off last night after his UNBELIEVABLE contribution to our great football club. Did not deserve that . Greatest player to ever play for the bloods, gonna miss you goodesy. Legend.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    And once again, Colless has been let off the leash - and good on him for calling it as it is: Former Sydney Swans chairman Richard Colless slams 'disgraceful' booing of Adam Goodes

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Just brilliant. Just brilliant.

Thankyou.

Veterans List
    Bravo Adam Goodes. One of the finest players ever to grace a football field. There aren't enough superlatives that are adequate. Missing you already........

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    The great man. My favourite player ever. After the game I was pretty emotional about how his last year was received and how he didn't even get carried off last night after his UNBELIEVABLE contribution to our great football club. Did not deserve that . Greatest player to ever play for the bloods, gonna miss you goodesy. Legend.
    It's how he wanted it. Says a lot about his unselfish attitude towards everything he does. Gave Shawry his moment, and didn't give those drongo North fans another chance to taint it by joining him is my guess. Unselfish to the end. Great man.

Veteran Site Admin
    Goodes knows he'll get the tributes he deserves, when the time is right. Completely selfless to let Shawry have his moment to savour.

Watching Ugg's video I've realised I've almost forgotten how brilliant Goodes was at his peak. In particular, that vertical leap he had before the knees let him down. was a joy to behold.

I'm far too emotional to write much in tribute to Goodsey right now. I can't see the screen through the tears that have been welling all day. Maybe later in the week.

Thanks UGG

wonderful
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast