Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Team

And if Derickx is a Cat. M, then I think Galloway is a Cat. VVT (very very tall). He's 209 cm which is only two cm shorter than Sandilands. And he turned 19 in November so might not have finished growing!

I'm too lazy to get the rule book out to check what each of the categories mean. I can't recall it ever being an issue. It's just a way to add some additional players to the list beyond the standard 44. I guess Cat B is for adding NSW players to the rookie list if we don't have space in the 44. I'm not sure if being an academy player effects the classification.

All I know is that when we start discussing rookie categories, we're bored as hell and can't wait for the season to begin.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Oh gawd, I find this complicated. I don't think Foote is Cat. B as he came out of the Swans Academy. But I've just found the quote as below - so Galloway and Murray are Cat. B. So with O'Riordan (our Irish recruit) do we have three Cat. Bs? And if so, do we only have five Cat. A rookies?

"The Sydney Swans are pleased to announce Kyle Galloway and Sam Murray have joined the club as Category B Rookies."

Swans draft giant ruckman - sydneyswans.com.au
    If those two are category B rookies, it may be something to do with us being able to pre-list them as rookies ahead of the rookie draft on the basis that they are NSWelshmen. If that's the case - ie to prelist they automatically get classified as category B - this wouldn't apply (I think) to academy rookies because the prelisting rules for academy players fall under a different category - I think! It is all quite complicated.

Firstly, according to the AFL Record, Naismith has been promoted and Marsh has been demoted.
    And secondly, if Tom is a category M, does that mean he is able to carry the padding into the game? Or could he even be upgraded to a very special C M? Which means that someone carries the padding onto the field for him and manoeuvres the padding in an appropriate manner.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    If we are talking Cat M. then this guy is the #1 Cat M: a bit Le Tigre?
    This is one of the funniest social media accounts going around and bodes well for the movie.
    OT I know but I can't help it this time.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    And if Derickx is a Cat. M, then I think Galloway is a Cat. VVT (very very tall). He's 209 cm which is only two cm shorter than Sandilands. And he turned 19 in November so might not have finished growing!
    I'm looking forward to seeing this bloke tomorrow, I seem to remember reading he has only been playing a few years so heaps of upside.

Was pondering whether to post on this forum or Adam Goodes forum. The only indigenous player on our list is abina Davis. Afl publishes a list of all teams.

We don't seem to be drafting indigenous players but over the last five years it seems other clubs have.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    Was pondering whether to post on this forum or Adam Goodes forum. The only indigenous player on our list is abina Davis. Afl publishes a list of all teams.

We don't seem to be drafting indigenous players but over the last five years it seems other clubs have.
    Ahhh, Buddy?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Ahhh, Buddy?

I think he meant the well known ones! haha

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Ahhh, Buddy?
    Who is that?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Ahhh, Buddy?
    We didn't draft him, we "poached" him as an RFA

Senior Player

Well our available picks to use have been quite low lately between rolling picks together and commited academy players.