Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Team

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Kieran Jack isn't captain material. Sorry to say. I predicted he'd be the future captain in 2010, but don't think he's up for it. I next predicted Hannebery as the captain but think he's a bit too immature for that.

Give the captaincy to Parker ASAP. Don't care how young he is. He's a born leader.
    Parker reckons Kieren Jack is the one he looks up to: Sydney Swan Luke Parker the AFL�s Most Courageous - AFL Players. He says Kizza always goes in hard and is the go-to man when the chips are down and you need someone to stand up. But I quite Parker has captaincy material written all over him and is a future captain of our footy club. His winning of the Robert Rose Award for most courageous player as voted by his peers is good evidence of that. But not yet, in my opinion. Although, if Macca did step down as co-captain and they elevated Parkesy in his place to co-captain with Kizza, I wouldn't have a problem with that. I trust the club's processes and that they will listen to the opinion of the players also.

Pushing for Selection
    Does anyone have the dates of the
    1) Draft
    2) Pre-Session draft, and
    3) Rookie drafts ??
    I'm unsure if I even listed the drafts in order ??

2015 NAB AFL Draft

WHEN: Tuesday, November 24, 5.30pm ACDT

WHERE: Adelaide Convention Centre, Adelaide

How to follow the draft

� WATCH the draft live on your phone or tablet on the AFL Official app

� FOLLOW every pick as it happens on AFL.com.au and the AFL Official app

� WATCH the live broadcast on Fox Footy

� Fans can also attend the draft in person, for free

2015 NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft

WHEN: Friday, November 27, 11.05am AEDT

HOW TO FOLLOW: Every pick as it happens on AFL.com.au and the AFL Official app

2015 NAB AFL Rookie Draft

WHEN: Friday, November 27, 11.10am AEDT

HOW TO FOLLOW: Every pick as it happens on AFL.com.au and the AFL Official app

Key draft dates

Tuesday November 24 - NAB AFL Draft (Adelaide Convention Centre), including Father/Son and Academy Players Bidding

Wednesday November 25 - AFL club list lodgement

Friday November 27, 11am AEDT - NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft

Friday November 27, 11.05am AEDT - Notification of pre-selected rookies if not selected in the Pre-Season Draft

Friday November 27, 11.10am AEDT - NAB AFL Rookie Draft

Tuesday December 1, 2pm - Final AFL club list lodgement; Final total player payment (TPP) pre-season estimates

Friday December 4, 2pm - International players inclusion on rookie list form lodgement

looking at our team 2015 vs 2016 my gut feeling is that we may have missed our window for a GF berth for some years now.....the key players retired or moving on like Jetta is a serious struggle to replace

BUT a glass half full camera lens would say that the following could quite possibly happen !

i) Goodes 2015 ability can be matched on a weekly basis by non other then Dean "the inferno" Towers.......The inferno goes onto kick more goals then Goodes 2015 tally......Goodes scored 26 goals but Dean nails 35 goals in 2016 and continues his strong leading thru the middle of the oval like he did in the last few games in 2015......."The inferno" becomes a key leading focal point of our attack not unlike Gunston for the Hawks!!!

ii) Shaw will be replaced by Zac Jones and young Zac will impact a game more then Shaw did in 2015 and becomes a key player for our transitions out of our backline !!!

iii) Pyke struggling in 2015 and not sure if they knee can be operated on as it appears to be more a tendanitis issue but Sammy Naismith or Tippo to become to dominant ruck in 2016.........Sam could be better then Mikes 2015 season and Tippo showed 50% in as a ruck man works well. Sam Naismith and Tippo combo becomes a force in the competition

iv) Ted retiring most likely at then end of 2016.......if ted struggles in 2016 loosing a yard of pace we see young X or AA come in and take the fast tall forward and match Teds abilities

v) Jetta is replaced by Brandon playing on the wing and kills it.........Brandon like Jetta is a late bloomer and he has a break out year scoring 25 goals and averages 22 disposals a game from the wing

vi) Heeney unleashed into the midfield.......... and Macca and Jack getting more time off the HBF or HFF............ Issac goes on to attract 20 Brownlow votes and people saying is he the next Gazza Jnr ?

vii) Mills come straight into the 22 and has an amazing impact collecting an average of 26 disposals a game........the greatest argument on the RAW forum is who will be better Mills, Heeney or Parker at the same age !!!

viii) Gary Rohan is 110% over his leg issues..........Gary has a massive pre season.....beats his 3km time by 35 seconds.......and becomes a lethal swingman and kicks 40 goals for the season

ix) Franklin.2 comes out 10 feet taller and kicks 70 Goals and with Sammy Reid they become an absolute force up front !!!

x) Parker comes back from surgery and simply takes the Swans midfield to a whole new level.......the midfield rotation of Parker, Hannes, Kennedy, Heeney, Mitchell, Mills, Jack and B.Jack is talked about as the new bench mark in the comp
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

According to AFL.com the swans are going for Scott Lycett of the West Coast Eagles. Also showing an interest in Shoenmakers.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    According to AFL.com the swans are going for Scott Lycett of the West Coast Eagles. Also showing an interest in Shoenmakers.
    Or Sinclair , who has played at the top level for only three seasons - and that showed on Saturday.
    Sub rule change for next season must make fringe ruckmen happy !
    If we get either of them , it will likely be the end for Tom Derickx.

We won't get Schoenmakers.

I'd target trades with Collingwood : that has usually been a win-win for both of us !

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Love your optimism Auntie G!
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    looking at our team 2015 vs 2016 my gut feeling is that we may have missed our window for a GF berth for some years now.....the key players retired or moving on like Jetta is a serious struggle to replace

BUT a glass half full camera lens would say that the following could quite possibly happen !

i) Goodes 2015 ability can be matched on a weekly basis by non other then Dean "the inferno" Towers.......The inferno goes onto kick more goals then Goodes 2015 tally......Goodes scored 26 goals but Dean nails 35 goals in 2016 and continues his strong leading thru the middle of the oval like he did in the last few games in 2015......."The inferno" becomes a key leading focal point of our attack not unlike Gunston for the Hawks!!!

ii) Shaw will be replaced by Zac Jones and young Zac will impact a game more then Shaw did in 2015 and becomes a key player for our transitions out of our backline !!!

iii) Pyke struggling in 2015 and not sure if they knee can be operated on as it appears to be more a tendanitis issue but Sammy Naismith or Tippo to become to dominant ruck in 2016.........Sam could be better then Mikes 2015 season and Tippo showed 50% in as a ruck man works well. Sam Naismith and Tippo combo becomes a force in the competition

iv) Ted retiring most likely at then end of 2016.......if ted struggles in 2016 loosing a yard of pace we see young X or AA come in and take the fast tall forward and match Teds abilities

v) Jetta is replaced by Brandon playing on the wing and kills it.........Brandon like Jetta is a late bloomer and he has a break out year scoring 25 goals and averages 22 disposals a game from the wing

vi) Heeney unleashed into the midfield.......... and Macca and Jack getting more time off the HBF or HFF............ Issac goes on to attract 20 Brownlow votes and people saying is he the next Gazza Jnr ?

vii) Mills come straight into the 22 and has an amazing impact collecting an average of 26 disposals a game........the greatest argument on the RAW forum is who will be better Mills, Heeney or Parker at the same age !!!

viii) Gary Rohan is 110% over his leg issues..........Gary has a massive pre season.....beats his 3km time by 35 seconds.......and becomes a lethal swingman and kicks 40 goals for the season

ix) Franklin.2 comes out 10 feet taller and kicks 70 Goals and with Sammy Reid they become an absolute force up front !!!

x) Parker comes back from surgery and simply takes the Swans midfield to a whole new level.......the midfield rotation of Parker, Hannes, Kennedy, Heeney, Mitchell, Mills, Jack and B.Jack is talked about as the new bench mark in the comp
    that s/be our vision for the preseason !

Even if only half of Aunties G's visions come true that will be fantastic

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

The last paragraph of the article is interesting in respect to how our list is likely to develop over the next few years:

Franklin, with a rare nine-year contract, had been paid at the lower end in the past two years, pocketing about $700,000 each season. However, that is set to rise to about $1.2 million in each of the next three years.

Add the reduction in the COLA and that makes a difference of $700k from this year. That's probably roughly equal to Goodes and Shaw being replaced by a couple of draft picks (maybe not even). We are likely to be carrying a fairly young list for a top 4 club until a rise in the salary cap kicks in pursuant to a new agreement with the AFLPA.

Perhaps we have factored in losing Jetta and Bird, which will give us just enough room to add someone like Leuenberger. The main reason I didn't think it was worth fighting too hard to get the trading ban lifted was due to these very practical limitations on our flexibility to bring in another top line player.

History would say that we should find it difficult to seriously challenge for a premiership next year, but it should nonetheless by very exciting seeing some of our youngsters develop.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I think our list is certainly good enough to challenge for a premiership (with some luck on the injury front), but our gameplan/gamestyle needs some serious revamping.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast