Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Team

Despite coaching us to a premiership I've never been to sold on Longmire. He doesnt seem to be able to think quickly on his feet or seems to rely soley on a Plan A. Dew has been sitting in the wings for a few years now and with Kirky back surely the time to change reins would be now or next year and would freshen up our gamestyle which this year seemed to stagnate a bit while the game changed to a more offensive style.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Despite coaching us to a premiership I've never been to sold on Longmire. He doesnt seem to be able to think quickly on his feet or seems to rely soley on a Plan A. Dew has been sitting in the wings for a few years now and with Kirky back surely the time to change reins would be now or next year and would freshen up our gamestyle which this year seemed to stagnate a bit while the game changed to a more offensive style.
    This has to be a wind up, are you freaking serious?

You want to replace a guy who has a win ratio of 67% with the second highest win ratio since the AFL Inception

Man, talk about being hard to please - barge-arse or our own version of the Dalia Lama are no guarantee of being as near as successful as Horse

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/a...&status=&type=

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post

You want to replace a guy who has a win ratio of 67% with the second highest win ratio since the AFL Inception

Man, talk about being hard to please - barge-arse or our own version of the Dalia Lama are no guarantee of being as near as successful as Horse

AFL Coaches Since 1987 Records & Statistics
    We play the same way as Freo and how many premierships have Freo had? Finals appease the poor clubs.

I would rather missed finals but trying to play a way that can will the flag, not just to make finals and hope the Hawks fall over. In 2012 we played a way that worked. In 2014 looked good, but absolutely smashed. The Hawks will beat us at every game until the whole Hodge, Lewis, Burgoyne, Mitchell, Roughead, Gibson, Lake are gone but they will backfill with every player they want.

That was 3 years ago and they have beat us in every IMPORTANT game, not round 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post

AFL Coaches Since 1987 Records & Statistics
    Yes I'm being serious. I think we are a very good team and we have a decent to good coach, but we seem to be a bit off other top 8 teams in regards to our ball movement, adaptability and zoning and rely on our genuine grunt work to get the job done. While I am being a bit harsh on Horse I think we could be a little bit more tactically savvy or inspirational/forward thinking in order to take us to the extra level.

But obviously our skills at the moment are our biggest concern.
    Last edited by longmile; 8th October 2015 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    We play the same way as Freo and how many premierships have Freo had? Finals appease the poor clubs.

I would rather missed finals but trying to play a way that can will the flag, not just to make finals and hope the Hawks fall over. In 2012 we played a way that worked. In 2014 looked good, but absolutely smashed. The Hawks will beat us at every game until the whole Hodge, Lewis, Burgoyne, Mitchell, Roughead, Gibson, Lake are gone but they will backfill with every player they want.

That was 3 years ago and they have beat us in every IMPORTANT game, not round 5.
    Missing the finals has major implications for us. Financially and in terms of attracting talent. We need to present ourselves as a pathway to a flag. Consistent top 4 finishes are required.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    ... but we seem to be a bit off other top 8 teams in regards to our ball movement, adaptability and zoning ...
    The Weagles, and hence Adam Simpson, did not show much adaptability in the GF.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

John Longmire is an excellent coach just because he doesn't present well in the media doesn't mean he is a bad coach and "slow on his feet". We don't need a new coach we need a new strategist thats Stuart Dews role who has been so consumed in getting a senior coaching position he's not doing the job he currently has very well
    Longmires Record i think it holds up against the best coaches
    5 consecutive Finals Series
    4 Consecutive Top 4 ladder finishes
    1 premiership
    1 minor premiership
    1 Grand Final

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Missing the finals has major implications for us. Financially and in terms of attracting talent. We need to present ourselves as a pathway to a flag. Consistent top 4 finishes are required.
    Well, just as well that we have a coach who has achieved the fopllowing in his forst 5 seasons

5 consecutive Finals Series
    4 Consecutive Top 4 ladder finishes
    1 premiership
    1 minor premiership
    2 Grand Finals

Talk of getting rid of Horse is without doubt the most insane suggestion I have heard in here ever (and that is saying something)...

Having said that I am hoping that having Kirky back might freshen us up a bit tactically and that me might become a bit more unpredictable next year

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    ...just because he doesn't present well in the media
    I've always found him to be great in the media..where does this comment come from?
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    I've always found him to be great in the media..where does this comment come from?
    It was in response to the first comment by longmile saying he's not quick on his feet. I think he's good in the media post match i think like all coaches he doesn't want to be there his mid week pressers are usually better

The Swans Board and Executive have a different view on Longmire.

Essendon contacted Andrew Ireland and asked if Longmire could be contacted about the Essendon coaching job. Ireland told Essendon that Horse would not be released from his contract.

If the Board and CEO did not believe Longmire was the man going forward then they would have allowed Essendon to talk to Longmire.

Quote Originally Posted by 6'2, 220, 4.53 View Post
    The Swans Board and Executive have a different view on Longmire.

Essendon contacted Andrew Ireland and asked if Longmire could be contacted about the Essendon coaching job. Ireland told Essendon that Horse would not be released from his contract.

If the Board and CEO did not believe Longmire was the man going forward then they would have allowed Essendon to talk to Longmire.
    Dare you to tell us how you know all that.

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast