Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Dare you to tell us how you know all that.
    Caroline Wilson.

As Paul Roos would say "Here it is":

www.smh.com.au - John Worsfold steps up bid to win Essendon coaching job

You know Bloods05 that I only deal in facts! Caro is fact.

Just for the record, Longmire has twice won the AFL Coaches Association's Coach of the Year Award, 2012 and 2014. Alastair Clarkson has never won the award. You might argue that awards don't mean much (given that Obama and Kissinger have each won the Nobel Peace Prize), but it does recognize that Horse is highly regarded by his peers.

I don't think there is as much variation in game plans as some people imagine. The better coaches find a plan that their players are capable of executing. I've noted the Swans' trying to play a style similar the the Bulldogs at times (Collingwood game was the best example), but we struggled to string together enough effective disposals to make it work.

It's hard to say how our game plan was working by the end of the season because we had so many key players out injured and we kicked so poorly, especially for goal, in our 2 finals games.

Quote Originally Posted by 6'2, 220, 4.53 View Post
    Caroline Wilson.

As Paul Roos would say "Here it is":

www.smh.com.au - John Worsfold steps up bid to win Essendon coaching job

You know Bloods05 that I only deal in facts! Caro is fact.
    That's not how you spell it
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Just for the record, Longmire has twice won the AFL Coaches Association's Coach of the Year Award, 2012 and 2014. Alastair Clarkson has never won the award. You might argue that awards don't mean much (given that Obama and Kissinger have each won the Nobel Peace Prize), but it does recognize that Horse is highly regarded by his peers.

I don't think there is as much variation in game plans as some people imagine. The better coaches find a plan that their players are capable of executing. I've noted the Swans' trying to play a style similar the the Bulldogs at times (Collingwood game was the best example), but we struggled to string together enough effective disposals to make it work.

It's hard to say how our game plan was working by the end of the season because we had so many key players out injured and we kicked so poorly, especially for goal, in our 2 finals games.

What some of the posters here fail to acknowledge is the impact that injuries paid to our finals campaign. Just imagine how Hawthorn had of gone if Mitchell, Hodge, Gunsten & Roughhead together with a ruckman with dicky knees didn't play in the finals. Remember we had Parker, Jack, Buddy, Reid all out with injuries as well as Pyke struggling with his knees. Let's have a look at our game plan when everyone is fit. I do concede that kicking skills and decision making do need attention and these areas should be addressed over summer.

Hey all, what's happening on the AJ front. Anybody heard of the reco was a success? Is he running yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    Hey all, what's happening on the AJ front. Anybody heard of the reco was a success? Is he running yet?
    I thought I read somewhere the other day that he was due to have the reco this week or next week? So nowhere near running.

2017 should be the target for him, should it all go right for him (Fingers, toes and everything crossed!)
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    For the positive people please explain the Round 16 result against Hawthorn. I know it is a repeat of the 2014 GF, but please tell me what has happened! What excuse is it this time?

I will tell you. We buckle under pressure.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

I believe they must look more at what a coach has achieved with his available list, not what a coach, who has a list heads and shoulders above everyone else, should rightly achieve, ie; Clarkson/Hawks. If Hawthorn were to win this award, they would probably pass it on to their recruiters.......or maybe Gillon for making their life so easy. It could be the coaches see the current situation for what it really is, skewed in Hawthorn's favour.

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    For the positive people please explain the Round 16 result against Hawthorn. I know it is a repeat of the 2014 GF, but please tell me what has happened! What excuse is it this time?

I will tell you. We buckle under pressure.
    I will tell you what happened: we buckled under pressure.

What we need to do is: stop buckling and stand up.

Does that make me a positive person?

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    If we play the same game, positions, tactics around stoppages, our defence then we are in trouble. How many times will you accept failure.

We will only win if everything works for us. Pressure from Bulldogs, Freo, Geelong, WC, 1/2 a game against Richmond, and the Hawks is enough to beat us.

Explain how we are going to win and i will get on board but apart from the players I cant see anything close to the Hawks.

P.S. Nobody, publicly, wants to come to Sydney.

One step to getting to another Premiership is getting in a new coach specifically for stoppages. Think this is the first time i've seen a Swans side not win the contested ball wish is what the Sydney brand has been built on

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Well, just as well that we have a coach who has achieved the fopllowing in his forst 5 seasons

5 consecutive Finals Series
    4 Consecutive Top 4 ladder finishes
    1 premiership
    1 minor premiership
    2 Grand Finals

Talk of getting rid of Horse is without doubt the most insane suggestion I have heard in here ever (and that is saying something)...

Having said that I am hoping that having Kirky back might freshen us up a bit tactically and that me might become a bit more unpredictable next year
    Not sure how much of a tactician Kirky is ( he could be, I have no idea) but his ability to inspire would be handy. Remember his 3 qtr time huddle rev ups in the 'bloods era' of 2004-2007 or so, they seemed to nearly always get a response out of the team.

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast