Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Team

2016 Team

So now we finally know that Goodesy and Shawy have retired, how does our team shape up for next year? With our rubbish trading restrictions we will be limited in what we can do this year and I'm not even sure what we are entitled to do given the restrictions in place. Certainly our defence and small forward is an area we are lacking in moving forward as well as our ruckstocks.

Luenberger is apparently a target. Massive if we can get him and he can stay injury free. I'd also be going very hard at Kreuzer who is a restricted free agent.

I'd also be going extremely hard at getting Bennell to the club. Absolute class footballer, forget the off-field, if we lose Jetta and Goodes we will need an injection of pace. Get it done kinnear!!! Would be an absolute steal. Paul Seedsman from Collingwood is another half back flanker who has some potential to be a quality half back/wingman.

Jetta off aswell if the rumours are true.

My trading/free agency movements:

Pick 14 and Bird for Bennell.
    Kreuzer/Luenberger free agency.
    Courtenay Dempsey free agent
    Seedsman PSD.

2016 Team:

B: Smith Richards Dempsey

HB: Laidler Grundy Rampe

C: Bennell Kennedy Jack

HF: Rose Tippett Reid

F: Heeney Franklin Rohan

FOL: Luenberger/Kruezer Parker Hannebery

I/C: Heeney McVeigh Lloyd Mitchell

Depth: Pyke, Alir Alir, Jones, B. Jack, Dempsey, Seedsman, Towers, Derickx, Robinson, Nankervis, Richards.

Thoughts?
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    So now we finally know that Goodesy and Shawy have retired, how does our team shape up for next year? With our rubbish trading restrictions we will be limited in what we can do this year and I'm not even sure what we are entitled to do given the restrictions in place. Certainly our defence and small forward is an area we are lacking in moving forward as well as our ruckstocks.

Luenberger is apparently a target. Massive if we can get him and he can stay injury free. I'd also be going very hard at Kreuzer who is a restricted free agent.

I'd also be going extremely hard at getting Bennell to the club. Absolute class footballer, forget the off-field, if we lose Jetta and Goodes we will need an injection of pace. Get it done kinnear!!! Would be an absolute steal. Paul Seedsman from Collingwood is another half back flanker who has some potential to be a quality half back/wingman.

Seedsman PSD.

2016 Team:

Depth: Pyke, Alir Alir, Jones, B. Jack, Dempsey, Seedsman, Towers, Derickx, Robinson, Nankervis, Richards.

Thoughts?
    Some ambitious trades there I must say.....

I'm going to be a doomsayer and predict Buddy will not play in 2016 and possibly never again. I have absolutely no inside knowledge, I just fear this is very very serious and he may never play again......

I think we only have enough coin to bring in a replacement for Jetta who will leave and that we will try and get a Ruckman - it will reflect the fact we need to plan for Tippo being at FF all season and also the fact that Pyke will be at the end of his use by date (all time Swans legend that he is)

My team...

B: Smith Richards Jones

C: McVeigh Kennedy Jack

HF: Heeney Reid Harry

F: McGlynn Tippett Rohan

FOL: New #1 Ruckman Parker Hannebery

I/C: Lloyd Mitchell Towers Nankervis

Depth: Pyke, B. Jack, Naismith, Richards, Hewett, Rose, Mills

Could be a very tough year but one where we will show our character

Danny Wilder expressed the opinion that Buddy may not play again.

I hope that is not the case. It would be a disaster for both the Swans and Franklin.

I'm wondering if the decision to dump Liam Pickering for Jacinta's manager has been the wrong one. I think Pickering would have been excellent in this situation.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Some ambitious trades there I must say.....

I'm going to be a doomsayer and predict Buddy will not play in 2016 and possibly never again. I have absolutely no inside knowledge, I just fear this is very very serious and he may never play again......

I think we only have enough coin to bring in a replacement for Jetta who will leave and that we will try and get a Ruckman - it will reflect the fact we need to plan for Tippo being at FF all season and also the fact that Pyke will be at the end of his use by date (all time Swans legend that he is)

My team...

B: Smith Richards Jones

C: McVeigh Kennedy Jack

HF: Heeney Reid Harry

F: McGlynn Tippett Rohan

FOL: New #1 Ruckman Parker Hannebery

I/C: Lloyd Mitchell Towers Nankervis

Depth: Pyke, B. Jack, Naismith, Richards, Hewett, Rose, Mills

Could be a very tough year but one where we will show our character

I think I'd go largely with this team but I'd put Brandon at forward pocket instead of Ben - more pace, solid tackler, better kick - and Nankervis to depth with Rose in the side.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by 6'2, 220, 4.53 View Post
    Danny Wilder expressed the opinion that Buddy may not play again.

I hope that is not the case. It would be a disaster for both the Swans and Franklin.

I'm wondering if the decision to dump Liam Pickering for Jacinta's manager has been the wrong one. I think Pickering would have been excellent in this situation.
    Danny wiedler is an nrl gossip mongrel at best - ie not fit to tie the shoelace of a decent journalist. You need to apply a salt mine worth of salt to anything he comes out with.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    I'm not confident we will even make the finals. That is more realistic than pessimistic.

I don't know enough about the "kids" knocking on the door , but I would guess there will be a few gems amongst them : we always seem to find a few good 'uns to inherit the mantle of the Kellys , Kirks and Boltons.

It would , however , be a mistake to blood too many youngsters all at once. Sure , they may get "experience" , but that could be damaging if it includes the experience of losing too often. As Paul Roos said , the Swans can never afford to "bottom out".

What of the current experienced players ? Is Birdy really gone ? Is Pykey going to give it away ? With Derickx on less than 20 games after five years,will he stay with us ? Nank may be a good player one day , but he looks slow . Our ruck stocks are not looking too good.

I suspect that the brilliant , lightning-quick , Gary Rohan is going to be one of those players who will be forever hampered by frequent injury. If anything , he is too brave for his own good.
    Sam Reid may be similarly cursed.

Hey - anybody want to take a punt on Stevie J ? Naahh - having to listen to that voice would drive me bonkers !
    Anyway , he'll stay in Victoria.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post
    ...Hey - anybody want to take a punt on Stevie J ? Naahh - having to listen to that voice would drive me bonkers !
    Anyway , he'll stay in Victoria.
    I was thinking about that option during the game but ... nah, it smacks of desperation, tyring to buy a premiership and all that. With KJ and Parker back we are significantly better and Kizza seemed to getting back to his best form just before his injury.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List

Seedsman PSD.

2016 Team:

Thoughts?
    Very optimistic! Is Benny leaving too?

Seedsman PSD.

2016 Team:

Thoughts?
    How would we pay for Mills under your proposal?
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

My team based on getting Luenberger and losing Jetta:

Smith Grundy Richards
    Laidler Reid Rampe
    Hannebery Kennedy Rohan
    McVeigh Franklin Henney
    Mitchell Tippett McGlynn
    Luenberger Parker Jack
    Lloyd Cunningham Bird Towers

Here's a possibility without anyone being traded in and Jetta and Bird both out.

Smith Grundy Laidler
    Rohan Richards Rampe
    Parker Hanners McVeigh
    Naismith Kennedy Mitchell
    Reid Franklin Towers
    Heeney Tippett K Jack
    Cunningham Jones Hewett Mills

Emergencies: Lloyd, Newman, McGlynn

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Here's a possibility without anyone being traded in and Jetta and Bird both out.

Smith Grundy Laidler
    Rohan Richards Rampe
    Parker Hanners McVeigh
    Naismith Kennedy Mitchell
    Reid Franklin Towers
    Heeney Tippett K Jack
    Cunningham Jones Hewett Mills

Emergencies: Lloyd, Newman, McGlynn
    That is a tasty line-up! I would like to add Dunks Jr. to that list but he still hasn't nominated yet, has he? If we hold on to Marsh and Aliir, those boys would have to debut you would think at some stage. I would expect Rose to grab a couple more games along with X too.

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast