Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swans All Australians

Comfortably the biggest wank in footy. Have a look at the people on the panel - dud commentators and Gill.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I'm really surprised that JPK didn't get in, I thought he was a lock. Ling said he was in discussion for the bench but didn't get in because of other inside mids in front of him... why were they in front of him again? Numbers aren't everything, but with inside mids sometimes they kind of are!
    Attachment 1383
    One thing that stands out to me from those stats (and surprises me somewhat) is how many shots at goal Kennedy had compared to his peers. I'm not so much surprised in Kennedy's figures (given we all watch him every week) but moreso in how few scoring shots those other top insides mids had. I guess Fyfe's and Dangerfield's figures would be at similar levels to Kennedy's. Now we just need him to up his conversion rate a little.

I'm calling the police.
    Joey has been robbed!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Interesting discussion from The Age's Michael Gleeson contrasting the AA team with the coaches' team:

AFL Coaches Association All-Australian team: right positions, wrong players?

No worries about Joey there!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Hanners of to a strong start right with Fyfe

... the selectors go it soooooooooooooo wrong.
    He even pipped Hanners in the Brownlow.
    Poor Joey.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    One thing that stands out to me from those stats (and surprises me somewhat) is how many shots at goal Kennedy had compared to his peers. I'm not so much surprised in Kennedy's figures (given we all watch him every week) but moreso in how few scoring shots those other top insides mids had. I guess Fyfe's and Dangerfield's figures would be at similar levels to Kennedy's. Now we just need him to up his conversion rate a little.
    Actually, the one thing that stands out for me, is the high percentage of frees that Mitchell gets. I mean, he's a petty thug, while Joey and Priddis are renowned as tough but fair.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Actually, the one thing that stands out for me, is the high percentage of frees that Mitchell gets. I mean, he's a petty thug, while Joey and Priddis are renowned as tough but fair.
    Another thing I cannot understand is why Mitchell does not get a hard close checking tag??? Very good player but there definitely is a weakness there, unlike a G Ablett etc.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    It seems the Hawk love permeates every level of this strange xenophobic(read; fear of everything non-Victorian) football league! When I realised that our Swans had no chance of catching Fyfe, my only hope was that Joey and Hanners beat that grub. Was very annoyed when he got his final three votes. It seems the word 'fairest' in the award, is becoming less relevant each year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12