Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swans All Australians

Swans All Australians

Hanners congrats well deserved! Very proud of you

No Josh Kennedy?! poorly done AA selectors - hope he wins the Brownlow

How does Priddis make the team ahead of Kennedy?

I like Priddis, he's a top player, but Kennedy has had a better year, he's a better player and should of been the AA centre....IMO
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veterans List
    Seriously, just Hanners? Are the AA selectors tripping? The clearance king with the stats to prove it misses out! Hopefully Brownlow voting embarrasses them.......plus three Hawks, and Cyril must be the lowest possession All Australian ever!

Warming the Bench
    They went with Priddis because of the stupidity of last year when they left him out of the squad.

Josh Kennedy is very stiff. If not starting in the centre he should be on the bench ahead of Mundy.

JK was better throughout the season by a mile & statistically was far better in the stats that matter.

Center Clearances - JK 68 DM 48
    Clearances - JK 184 DM 154
    Disposals average- JK 30.9 DM 26.9
    Goals - JK 15 DM 10
    Goal Assists - JK 11 DM 13
    Tackles - JK 149 DM 116
    Inside 50 - JK 107 DM 84

Stats can be decieving but i dont think they are in this case. Tell me who you would choose?

it is ridiculous JK didn't get put in the AA team !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Senior Player
    Well done , Dan ! Hard luck JPK - this means you won't get to play for the team , which you would have if selected , if the AA team actually played a game , but never does.

Congratulations to all the AAs selected. They have all worked hard and deserve recognition.

That said, I am pretty unimpressed with the selection panel's choices. In particular I thought it had a bit of a Richmond and Hawthorn bias. Maybe it was also weighted towards where the teams finished (at end of H&A) rather than on individual performances too. I wonder if it was significant that Tigers old boys KB and Richo were on there. I think both Riewoldt and Deledio were lucky to be chosen ahead of others in the squad. I would have had Cameron ahead of Rioli as well, myself. And there are other selections I think are doubtful too but none of them, none of them are as FARCICAL AS THE OMISSION OF JOEY!! How he could have been left out - of not just the 18, but the 22 as well - is beyond me. He stands up every week. He did have a bit of a (relatively) quiet patch this season just after the birth of Emilio but overall he is ultra-consistent. And it's not any old touches he racks up, it's the contested possessions. He gets the hard ball more than any other player in the AFL. He has to compete against his very handy teammates to do so (Hanners, Parkesy, Mitchell, Kizza etc.). He this season managed to set an all-time, all-AFL record for consecutive games with 30+ touches. He is arguably our MVP. We would miss him out of our midfield more than Kizza or Parkesy (or even Hanners or Mitchell) in my opinion. I hope he wins B&F as some consolation. I can't see anyone except him or Hanners getting it. Even better if he won the Brownlow but I suppose that's unlikely.

Priddis deserves his place. It may be true that he deserved a place last year but that doesn't mean he didn't deserve it this year too.

I think afl.com.au's team was better than the official team.

[If we could have one player out of the entire AFL to add to our team I would be very tempted to take Cameron ahead of even Fyfe. Although with the absence of Buddy, WC's Kennedy would also be pretty sweet). This valuation factors in Cameron's youth and massive upside on that account (although of course Fyfe is equally young - it's only that I really rate the midfield we have already whereas we have a little less depth up front). Anyway, I digress.]

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    [If we could have one player out of the entire AFL to add to our team I would be very tempted to take Cameron ahead of even Fyfe. Although with the absence of Buddy, WC's Kennedy would also be pretty sweet). This valuation factors in Cameron's youth and massive upside on that account (although of course Fyfe is equally young - it's only that I really rate the midfield we have already whereas we have a little less depth up front). Anyway, I digress.]
    You mean you wouldn't choose Cyril????

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Panttz View Post
    They went with Priddis because of the stupidity of last year when they left him out of the squad.
    So next year Joey will be in the AA because he is the Brownlow winner this year?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm really surprised that JPK didn't get in, I thought he was a lock. Ling said he was in discussion for the bench but didn't get in because of other inside mids in front of him... why were they in front of him again? Numbers aren't everything, but with inside mids sometimes they kind of are!
    YmRBCTO.jpg
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    You mean you wouldn't choose Cyril????
    I wouldn't knock him back if he came with the steak knives!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast