Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swans 2015 season review

I've found the year very hard to enjoy to be honest.

- The endless Swans bashing from peanuts like Eddie, Dermie and the new kid who wants to be in their silly club (Meathead Brown).
    - The lacklustre leadership and arrogance of Gill the Dill
    - The general insularity and selfishness of the Melbourne Mafia
    - The unspeakable tragedy of Phil Walsh
    - The never ending James Hird Show - can this narcissistic @@@@@ please be banished from AFL for a long time
    - The ever worsening car crash that is Queensland Football
    - The shameful booing of one of our great Australians that has seen me lose friendships over given how strongly I feel about it
    - The sadness and uncertainty over Buddy

September is normally my favourite month of the year but I have not enjoyed the finals at all the year and not just because we wen out in straight sets

At the moment I really don't feel like watching football for a long time. Indeed if the Hawks are in the GF I won't be turning it on for the first time in over 30 years. A WA derby would whet my appetite somewhat but how could I feel any joy for a club who had booed a hero of mine so mercilessly over the colour of his skin.

The only real positive for me was Isaac Heeney, what a joy to watch....

I guess I'll hang in here until trade week but I look forward to not thinking about football for a while
    Last edited by Mug Punter; 24th September 2015 at 12:21 AM.

No Cookies | Herald Sun
    Leo Barry You Star!!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Adam Curley's Swans season review on afl.com.au leaves a bit to be desired - Season review: Sydney Swans - AFL.com.au. While parts of it I agree with, other parts are infected by error, - as are many of Mr Curley's posts about the Swans for afl.com.au for that matter. ... What did everyone else think? And does anyone else find Mr Curley's posts (especially in 'In the mix' each week during the season) on afl.com.au frustratingly ignorant? I presume he does get paid for his work.
    Perhaps Vasco Pyjama should have a go?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Perhaps Vasco Pyjama should have a go?
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I've found the year very hard to enjoy to be honest.

- The endless Swans bashing from peanuts like Eddie, Dermie and the new kid who wants to be in their silly club (Meathead Brown).
    - The lacklustre leadership and arrogance of Gill the Dill
    - The general insularity and selfishness of the Melbourne Mafia
    - The unspeakable tragedy of Phil Walsh
    - The never ending James Hird Show - can this narcissistic @@@@@ please be banished from AFL for a long time
    - The ever worsening car crash that is Queensland Football
    - The shameful booing of one of our great Australians that has seen me lose friendships over given how strongly I feel about it
    - The sadness and uncertainty over Buddy

September is normally my favourite month of the year but I have not enjoyed the finals at all the year and not just because we wen out in straight sets

At the moment I really don't feel like watching football for a long time. Indeed if the Hawks are in the GF I won't be turning it on for the first time in over 30 years. A WA derby would whet my appetite somewhat but how could I feel any joy for a club who had booed a hero of mine so mercilessly over the colour of his skin.

The only real positive for me was Isaac Heeney, what a joy to watch....

I guess I'll hang in here until trade week but I look forward to not thinking about football for a while
    You pretty well nailed how I feel about 2015. Thanks Mug.

Losing Jetta and Goodes saddens me as much as anything.

I also don't want to be too negative. We have been blessed over the last good period of time and I have faith in the club's ability to endure, learn and advance.

I'll be back next year for more and think we will again be competitive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12