Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Grand Final - Sunday 27th September

Almost Football Legend
    Because it was a week later than normal, Blacktown was unavailable because they're preparing cricket pitches for the Matador Cup series. No idea why it was a Sunday.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Warming the Bench
    Were we back in 2008 ? North shore winning the under 19s and Penno rolling ECE at Henson.

The ground had the Rugby League markings through it and the presentation was done not facing the streaming for the camera.

Was poor organisation but im sure it didn't matter to those involved, just as neutral spectator nothing made sense about Sunday game at Henson.

Almost Football Legend
    The presentations for the earlier games they were facing the grandstand; but they faced away from it for Premier Division. Also meant there was sun glare in all the premiership presentation photos. Don't know why that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    The presentations for the earlier games they were facing the grandstand; but they faced away from it for Premier Division. Also meant there was sun glare in all the premiership presentation photos. Don't know why that happened.
    It just seemed to me that the massive Penno contingent didn't congregate at the side of the stage as is normal, but behind it and Sydney AFL decided to not try and move them. Did look rather silly as I am sure that the internet viewing audience and those that remained in the stand, or outside the fence would have liked to see the players faces and not their arses.

Yeh, just seemed like they wanted to get it started and both teams were in the middle of the ground. As one of the 100 or so watching on youtube i didnt care at all. I doubt too many did care which way the presentation was as its really only a minor detail.

I much prefer henson to blacktown but i didnt get why they were all sunday games.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Yeh, just seemed like they wanted to get it started and both teams were in the middle of the ground. As one of the 100 or so watching on youtube i didnt care at all. I doubt too many did care which way the presentation was as its really only a minor detail.

I much prefer henson to blacktown but i didnt get why they were all sunday games.
    There was some sort of rugby league trial match there on Saturday - hence the line markings. I'd say it was booked in advance for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    .... Personally I didn't mind the tight physical style played (windy in 19s and Div 1 in particular). Congrats to all teams and Premiers in particular.
    Me too Jupiter. Blacktown is a bit of a canyon for the small group of spectators like we get these days in the SAFL, whereas Henson has a bit of atmos.

Remember the glory days at Monarch Field Campbelltown where you couldn't get a spot on the boundary fence because of the big crowds ? And Craig Davis had the corporate marquee set up on the south-eastern flank.
    Now we get a jumping castle ! But at least nowadays we get three scoreboards !

I saw Pettersson there (hey, in his PENNO jumper if you please !!) Remember when the Phelan medallist and the lower grade B&Fs got to do a lap of honour at half-time ?

Almost Football Legend
    The RWO Wrap of Grand Final day is now online.

I'll be uploading some photo galleries shortly, I'll give you links when they're up.

Why aren't they using Skoda, or whatever corporate name it goes by? Sure, it'd have plenty of empty seats but would be a great venue to hold the grand finals.

Henson looked disgusting online, field markings were confusing, too windy.

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    The RWO Wrap of Grand Final day is now online.

I'll be uploading some photo galleries shortly, I'll give you links when they're up.
    A great read Norris, look forward to your posts next year

yes Norris, a great read. Thanks again for this, and for all the work you do to bring Sydney footy to life for us all.

Enjoy your off-season break.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123