Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Brett Kirk returning to the Swans as an assistant coach

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Neil View Post
    Some wished Kirk best wishes when he went to the purple sneakers. I wasn't so kind. Now the difference between Swans and Freo is stark.
    When Roos betrayed us and went to Melbourne Kirk became my new messiah.

Everything the guy touches turns to gold. I'm convinced our more functional forward line is largely due to Kirk's contribution.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Actually if you look at the numbers, in particular the percentage of goals from inside 50s we aren't that much more functional than in previous years. What has improved though is the number of inside 50s so our scoring has increased as a result

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    When Roos betrayed us and went to Melbourne Kirk became my new messiah.

Everything the guy touches turns to gold. I'm convinced our more functional forward line is largely due to Kirk's contribution.
    I assume this post is in jest. What on earth did Paul Roos do other than take on a job opportunity to good to refuse and has actually done a fine job in rebuilding that club

I think he means Roos went after the academies once he got to Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I assume this post is in jest. What on earth did Paul Roos do other than take on a job opportunity to good to refuse and has actually done a fine job in rebuilding that club
    Half in jest. Half serious. Of course he didn't 'betray us' but he certainly sold out and went against his own word.

I recall he said he would never coach at another club again.

I guess it hurts me quite a bit because I looked up to him so much. So it feels like a betrayal. I never wanted to believe that the 'great Paul Roos' was a liar but it seems like I was wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I think he means Roos went after the academies once he got to Melbourne
    This too. I mean, jesus Roos.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456