Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Kirk returning to the Swans as an assistant coach

Senior Player

Brett Kirk returning to the Swans as an assistant coach

Perth radio talking up Kirky returning to Sydney to join our coaching panel.

Great if true.

More to come...

After 5pm.....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post

Great if true.

More to come...
    Yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post

Great if true.

More to come...
    Is there a podcast or sound bite?

I can't believe some people on bigfooty are against the idea.

In my opinion, Kirk was one of the main reasons our club turned around in 2003. And he played a large part in Fremantle's success since 2013. They made their first Grand Final in 2013 with his assistance. Surely he must be doing something right. By all accounts, he's an incredibly likable guy and brings people together. And bloody hell this club needs someone to bring the players together and inspire them a bit.

He grew up barracking for the swans and it goes to show that his desire for our clubs success goes deeper than just money/a paycheck. Like Jarrad McVeigh, Kirk will go all out in helping the club.

I support Kirk becoming an assistant 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    I can't believe some people on bigfooty are against the idea.

In my opinion, Kirk was one of the main reasons our club turned around in 2003. And he played a large part in Fremantle's success since 2013. They made their first Grand Final in 2013 with his assistance. Surely he must be doing something right. By all accounts, he's an incredibly likable guy and brings people together. And bloody hell this club needs someone to bring the players together and inspire them a bit.

He grew up barracking for the swans and it goes to show that his desire for our clubs success goes deeper than just money/a paycheck. Like Jarrad McVeigh, Kirk will go all out in helping the club.

I support Kirk becoming an assistant 100%.
    Lets not forget Stuart Maxfield captain from 03-05 until he got injured during the season and retired now the opposition analyst at the Swans.
    what were the reasons against?

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Lets not forget Stuart Maxfield captain from 03-05 until he got injured during the season and retired now the opposition analyst at the Swans.
    what were the reasons against?
    The reasons against were that we needed 'fresh ideas.'

That's such a stupid reason, imo. Malcolm Blight went to StKilda with fresh ideas and flopped. Mark Knight went to Essendon and they flopped. Fresh ideas, if done just for the sake of new ideas, could be detrimental.

Stuart Maxfield is one of the most underrated/forgotten swans of all time. I admit even I've underrated him at times. Should have been him or Kirky holding up the cup in 2005.

I know he's unpopular but we should look to get Sam Mitchell as an assistant after he retires would make a great coach.

Does this if confirmed mean we're going to release Dew or Francou?

Get him back home!
    Swannies for life!

Confirmed by Freo in an official announcement.

Happy and I know it
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast