Thread: Is your club financial?

Regular in the Side

Is your club financial?

I hear the word on the streets is that the Sydney AFL is owed in excess of $300k from clubs not paying their affiliation fees.

To make matters worse, many of these clubs played finals which is against the by laws.

It's makes sense why so many were quiet regarding the ECE loan debacle. It's hard to be critical when your own club hasn't paid up.

So how does the Sydney AFL handle this one...or survive really?

What about the suckers who have paid their fees in full and didn't play finals. The Sydney AFL are taking you for the ride of your life.

I try to look on the bright side of local footy and be positive as much as possible. I give the hardworking hierarchy the benefit of the doubt. But this isn't right and isn't fair.

If this is correct it shows what a mess the local AFL competition is in. Some clubs will jeopardise their very existence just to win a premiership or stay in Premier Div. It is just satisfying the egos of those coaching and running clubs. Premierships are quickly forgotten.
    The focus of every club must be long term sustainability. Sydney AFL need to step up and set some clear standards for all clubs to adhere to, as many of the clubs are apparently unable to control themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by andreww1 View Post
    If this is correct it shows what a mess the local AFL competition is in. Some clubs will jeopardise their very existence just to win a premiership or stay in Premier Div. It is just satisfying the egos of those coaching and running clubs. Premierships are quickly forgotten.
    The focus of every club must be long term sustainability. Sydney AFL need to step up and set some clear standards for all clubs to adhere to, as many of the clubs are apparently unable to control themselves.
    Name the clubs ????