Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gary Rohan

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I agree that his best position is closer to half back than forward, especially when we have our full contingent of tall forwards. I think he's best when he's forced to do something rather than create something out of nothing. He's not the type to make repeat leads that go unrewarded. When he played back toward the end of 2014 he looked pretty good.
    I'd be tempted to have Rohan and Heeney providing run off the half back line next year as we looked decidedly pedestrian at times this year.

Rampe and Smith off the full back line and we should have plenty of carry out of the bvackline

Father time is catching up with McVeigh but he is a clever footballer and I's have him off the half forward line along with Towers. Hanneberry and Jack on the wings.

Gary Rohan has played 61 senior games. He will be fine.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    He's still got a rod in his leg...definitely hasn't returned to full fitness yet hence his lowly posession numbers. Judgement should be reserved until the end of next season I think.

Also think he's a more natural forward...we desperately need the pressure that he provides, it's second to none.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I'd be tempted to have Rohan and Heeney providing run off the half back line next year as we looked decidedly pedestrian at times this year.

Rampe and Smith off the full back line and we should have plenty of carry out of the bvackline

Father time is catching up with McVeigh but he is a clever footballer and I's have him off the half forward line along with Towers. Hanneberry and Jack on the wings.
    Why would you put Heeney on the half back line? He clearly is more than capable as a forward, and given his prodigious junior talent, will surely increasingly see more time in the midfield from next year, as that is where he will end up. He would be totally wasted playing off the half back line.

As for Rohan, I love his attack on the footy and how hard he goes. But I've got a bad feeling he is never going to live up to what we hoped he would become - he needs a big 2016 in my book.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Rohan just needs to string together an injury free season. There are so few players in the competition who can match Rohans' speed combined with marking ability. He played a few fantastic games in the first half of this year before injuries struck.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Gaz could play anywhere except ruck, and he'd take that on if he was told to.

I think he's best up forward or maybe on a wing. Which game was it where he took two marks and goaled from the 50m line, and someone here said he was the best full forward in the comp (which is hyperbole, but appropriate). His pace means he puts on great defensive pressure inside the forward 50, and he is generally a pretty accurate kick.
    Play him off the wing as a go to man, but not as a forward. Just as much chance to kick goals from there. One thing he can do is break the lines from half back.

He's doing fine.
    Injury is the only thing that's been holding him back.
    Kirky will inspire him.
    Kirky will inspire them all.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Kirky will inspire him.
    Agreed!
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Veterans List
    The messiah returns.

Senior Player
    definitely repeated injury since the leg break return has slowed his momentum. Coupled with constant positional switches and youthful form fluctuations he's been disappointing this last 2 years.

But i have faith that with some luck and maybe strapped to jack for preseason he can fulfill his potential.

Veterans List
    He needs to work on his fitness. There have been games this year where he has tired and was cramping in the last quarter.
    Hopefully he has a good preseason and an injury free year.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    He's doing fine.
    Injury is the only thing that's been holding him back.
    Kirky will inspire him.
    Was just going to write this! Kirky will help all the boys put their heads in the right place. The other thing that wouldn't hurt Gary is to get married and have a kid - it might give him the sense to not throw himself into potentially body breaking tackles. (My daughter's available)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast