Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gary Rohan

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcsquirta View Post
    The other thing that wouldn't hurt Gary is to get married and have a kid - it might give him the sense to not throw himself into potentially body breaking tackles. (My daughter's available)
    His fiancee might have something to say about that

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    He needs to work on his fitness. There have been games this year where he has tired and was cramping in the last quarter.
    Hopefully he has a good preseason and an injury free year.
    I think we need to remember that he would have lost a lot of his fitness after the injury and it'll take time and additional effort/work to get it back to where he was beforehand. On top of that he's had some niggling injuries which would have hampered his ability to make up ground on his fitness. I would expect him to be fitter and better next season.

He needs to put some size on over the preseason even Jetta has a bigger frame than him...

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Play him off the wing as a go to man, but not as a forward. Just as much chance to kick goals from there. One thing he can do is break the lines from half back.
    I agree. Without Jetta he will be more important than ever. We need him amongst the action.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    He needs to put some size on over the preseason even Jetta has a bigger frame than him...
    Rohan h 189, w 88
    Kennedy h 188, w 96

To my mind, both perfect for what they do. Gary's weight is just under 14 stone in the old money, Josh's just over 15 stone.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Father time is catching up with McVeigh but he is a clever footballer and I's have him off the half forward line along with Towers. Hanneberry and Jack on the wings.
    I hope McVeigh doesn't fall of the cliff like ROK, Hannebery would be good on the HB line aswell

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I hope McVeigh doesn't fall of the cliff like ROK, Hannebery would be good on the HB line aswell
    Hannebery wins the coaches association MVP, makes the All-Aus team and finishes top 5 in the Brownlow playing as a midfielder - and you want to move him to the half back line?
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Hannebery wins the coaches association MVP, makes the All-Aus team and finishes top 5 in the Brownlow playing as a midfielder - and you want to move him to the half back line?
    Since Mal and Shaw left and retired we've missed run inside 50's entries rebounding and consistency is the back half we've tried Rohan and Jetta but both are inconsistent. Next year Mills will come into the team first year players play forward mostly Heeney will play more time in the middle which will allow Hannebery to go to HB like McVeigh in 2013 and get 25-30 quality possessions. It's not the craziest idea...

It's not the craziest idea...
    It's in the final though...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Since Mal and Shaw left and retired we've missed run inside 50's entries rebounding and consistency is the back half we've tried Rohan and Jetta but both are inconsistent. Next year Mills will come into the team first year players play forward mostly Heeney will play more time in the middle which will allow Hannebery to go to HB like McVeigh in 2013 and get 25-30 quality possessions. It's not the craziest idea...
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    It's in the final though...
    Starting from Lane 4...

Gary Rohan is a fighter. If anything he should be kept around the club as a B-player. Seems to have a great spirit about him. If he unites the playing group (As Kirk did back in the day) then keep him around. If not, we should probably trade him.

Even though he goes missing in some games, he might be doing off the ball work. Not every player is a big possession getter like Hannebery, Mitchell and Kennedy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123