Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gary Rohan

Gary Rohan

Taken pick 6 2009 draft broke his leg in 2012 R4 has had two full years since then. One of my favourite players but the question has to be asked is he going to reach his potential? You can't be 24 years old in sixth year average less than 12 possessions and go missing in games when the side is down.
    He was taken pick 6 seriously he should impacting games he's playing like a player who came of the rookie list. He's played on solid game (half) of footy this year and that was against Collingwood.
    Two years left on his contract if doesn't improve next year we should consider trading him.

I've got faith in Gary Rohan, I think he should get the Jetta treatment this preseason, make him run around with K.Jack to help get his work rate and endurance up.

He could also be struggling because of his lack of position, I think he should stick to either half back or wing next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Taken pick 6 2009 draft broke his leg in 2012 R4 has had two full years since then. One of my favourite players but the question has to be asked is he going to reach his potential? You can't be 24 years old in sixth year average less than 12 possessions and go missing in games when the side is down.
    He was taken pick 6 seriously he should impacting games he's playing like a player who came of the rookie list. He's played on solid game (half) of footy this year and that was against Collingwood.
    Two years left on his contract if doesn't improve next year we should consider trading him.
    His best is brilliant and is fantastic to watch...But very rarely seen.

His attack on the ball and opposition is ferocious but often ridiculously reckless...He's an instinctive player but not a smart player...

Seems very popular among the playing group and has infectious enthusiasm.

Unfortunately he's not consistently good, he's sporadic. It's hard to see longevity with him.

Here's hoping he finds some consistency next year and fulfils his undoubted potential.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Yes he has been inconsistent but the poor bugger has had so many injuries which haven't helped. I would be quite happy if he averages 12 spectacular possessions a la Cyril Rioli, which impacts on a game than 25-30 average possessions with minimal impact. Let him get a pre-season to get fully fit and hopefully have an injury free season.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    His best is brilliant and is fantastic to watch...But very rarely seen.

His attack on the ball and opposition is ferocious but often ridiculously reckless...He's an instinctive player but not a smart player...

Seems very popular among the playing group and has infectious enthusiasm.

Unfortunately he's not consistently good, he's sporadic. It's hard to see longevity with him.

Here's hoping he finds some consistency next year and fulfils his undoubted potential.
    A true footy player but another player that gets lost in the Swans game style. Would kill at Bulldogs, Hawks, West Coast, GWS, Suns.

Towers will put a lot of pressure on Gaz if Deano continues the trajectory of improvement he displayed the last few games
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Goes up to 11
    Plenty of upside yet to be seen with Gazza. He looked on the verge of being able to tear a game apart a few times this year but injuries seemed to break his momentum.
    He'll be back bigger and better next year.

I looked up where Nat Fyfe went in the draft today and was shocked that he was in the same draft as Gary & Jetta and went @20. But after watching one of the footy shows, there was a suggestion he was used as a forward mainly and only became special after moving into the midfield. Gary Rohan could be a very similar player if used as a mid only. Put him in the guts for a season, he is fast, he is hard and might just turn into a superstar!

Veterans List
    When he played Under 18's he was what used to be called, a utility. He was an around the ground player much like the old ruck rover. I have always thought he should be playing this position. Not an in and under player and not necessarily an outside mid. Someone who makes space, runs to space, rather than leading up and crashing into contests. Also in this role making himself a spare defender. I just wonder whether he naturally has a big tank.

Certainly not a forward. Now that the sub has gone from 2016 maybe he can become the swing man we probably need.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I don't know Roosters footy history but to my eyes he seems a better footballer when playing forward of the ball. He seems more dangerous and more comfortable.
    He wouldn't be the first, and won't be the last, footballer to play a different position than that of his junior years.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    When he played Under 18's he was what used to be called, a utility. He was an around the ground player much like the old ruck rover. I have always thought he should be playing this position. Not an in and under player and not necessarily an outside mid. Someone who makes space, runs to space, rather than leading up and crashing into contests. Also in this role making himself a spare defender. I just wonder whether he naturally has a big tank.

Certainly not a forward. Now that the sub has gone from 2016 maybe he can become the swing man we probably need.
    I agree that his best position is closer to half back than forward, especially when we have our full contingent of tall forwards. I think he's best when he's forced to do something rather than create something out of nothing. He's not the type to make repeat leads that go unrewarded. When he played back toward the end of 2014 he looked pretty good.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Gaz could play anywhere except ruck, and he'd take that on if he was told to.

I think he's best up forward or maybe on a wing. Which game was it where he took two marks and goaled from the 50m line, and someone here said he was the best full forward in the comp (which is hyperbole, but appropriate). His pace means he puts on great defensive pressure inside the forward 50, and he is generally a pretty accurate kick.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast