Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to return the cup!

On the veteran's list

Time to return the cup!

With further confirmation of the Eagles drug use and the impact on player performance, the AFL has no choice but to send the 2006 cup to Sydney.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    With further confirmation of the Eagles drug use and the impact on player performance, the AFL has no choice but to send the 2006 cup to Sydney.
    It was an open secret at the time...

No doubt at all that Flag is tainted

It still pisses me off that the AFL have ignored the issue for so long. 2006 is rightfully the swans premiership.

Taken from Daniel Chick's wikipedia:
    In February 2010 Chick was fined $7000 with $1000 costs in the Perth Magistrates Court after pleading guilty to importing performance and image enhancing steroids from Thailand. He was charged after being caught with nine vials and a number of pills of anabolic steroids concealed in his luggage after landing at Perth Airport on October 9, 2009.
    Where there's smoke there's fire...

Flag tainted, but I don't want the cup...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I was there and I remember we lost. Re-writing the record books won't change anything for me.

Poor form from the Chick and the HS. 9 years they've had to bring this up and they do it in the week the Eagles are in a GF. Classless.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I was there and I remember we lost. Re-writing the record books won't change anything for me.

Poor form from the Chick and the HS. 9 years they've had to bring this up and they do it in the week the Eagles are in a GF. Classless.
    Obviously more loyal to the hawks rather than the eagles.

God I hate the hawks. Despite my hatred for the eagles, my hate for hawks is so overwhelming I can feel it seeping from my skin.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    As an asthmatic, the volume of prednisone he was talking about is crazy. It's a steroid, no question. When I was at school I could have bad asthma in the morning, take prednisone and win a running race in the afternoon.

Unbelievable really

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Rita Panahi is a very outspoken and arrogant Hawthorn supporter. Used to spruke the Hawks continuously when was on SEN. No coincidence the article appeared today, especially all the rubbish about the family club.

I also was there in 2006 (as well as 2005) and it has irked me ever since that everyone knew the Weagles were doped to the eyeballs, but the AFL and West Coach management just turned a blind eye.

I understand the AFL will never change the result, but it would be very nice for the Swans to receive some sort of acknowledgment of what the Eagles had done.

But I guess it is the AFL and we are the Swans ...... so the message would be Tough T........

Yep , me too in 2005 and 2006.
    Took my Father in Law who had never been to an AFL game let alone a Granny.

He commented

- - - Updated - - -

Cousins looks as high as a kite to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Yep , me too in 2005 and 2006.
    Took my Father in Law who had never been to an AFL game let alone a Granny.

He commented

- - - Updated - - -

Cousins looks as high as a kite to me.
    I've been to 96, 05, 06, 12 & 14 ... 2014 was the only one I didn't enjoy. Took my dad to the 2005 granny. First AFL game he'd been to. He loved it ... he refuses to go to any more GFs now, as he fears they won't live up to that one. Took my girlfriend to the 2014 GF. She doesn't think she'll go to another one as it was a lot of money to witness that game. In fact, she's "scared" to Swans games outside SA, as she's been to 2 losing Swans games in Sydney, the losing 2014 GF, but 2 winning Swans games at Adelaide Oval.

I don't want that tainted cup. Even the commentators call it the tainted cup.
    They can keep their tainted cup; and know, that every single time they look at it in the pool room, it's still a tainted cup.
    This is what it looks like in real life.

Margarita.jpg
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast