Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pyke to announce retirement at B&F

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Pykey will always be one of my favourites. I love the oddballs and against the odds stories and nobody (not even Tadghdghhgdtdg) surpasses him on that front.

It's sad that his '14 and '15 seasons were hampered by injury because his '12 and '13 were excellent by any standards, let alone those of someone who'd never even heard of the game before entering it at the highest level. He had the potential to really tear the game apart right now, and for the next few seasons, but his knees have dictated otherwise.

The biggest test for any player is how they perform in the heat of a Grand Final. As history records, Pykey was colossal in the 2012 GF when he basically had to do it alone. What impressed me most with him was how smart he was for someone who hadn't grown up with the game - the little toe-pokes and taps seemed to come very naturally, and whenever he spoke he sounded like both a consummate professional and also a keen student who was hungry to learn more. It doesn't surprise me at all that he has gone into a cerebral career.

I'm so pleased that he stood up in a Grand Final and will always have one up one an un-named bitchy, bitter, bristling turd who - despite all the hot air - never produced on the biggest stage. Not only did Pykey get his medal, but he bloody EARNED it. He is one of the handful who were absolutely essential on the day. I am very comfortable saying that without Pykey there would be no 2012 flag. So, Big Man, I am forever endebted. I wish you all the best for the future, although I know you don't need my help ...... you will succeed at whatever you set your mind to.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by rangatang10 View Post
    Well Merryl Lynch where Leo works, and Moelis (Andrew Pridham's company) where Pyke has been doing some work are in the same building in Sydney. So maybe their paths will cross
    Leo's not at Merrill Lynch any more. He moved down to Melbourne and works for another broker / bank down there (but can't remember which one).

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Fairview

https://au.linkedin.com/pub/leo-barry/45/947/939

Was hoping his profile photo would be of that mark

Senior Player
    You've all said it all for me,so all that's left is for me to add my own thanks : Well done Pkyey ! You've been a cracker !!

Pyke, one of the best code converts ever!! Rugby world cup try against the all blacks to AFL Premiership player. Joins Hayneplane & Tadhg Kennelly

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    I'm so pleased that he stood up in a Grand Final and will always have one up one an un-named bitchy, bitter, bristling turd who - despite all the hot air - never produced on the biggest stage.
    Who on earth are you referring to there, Mummy?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Who on earth are you referring to there, Mummy?
    My guess is Brian Taylor (though I have no idea whether Taylor ever produced - or played - in a Grand Final).

11pm at B n F and still no mention of Pyke retiring. And Mike had the opportunity himself when he got his 100 game presentation. So is it a false story?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    11pm at B n F and still no mention of Pyke retiring. And Mike had the opportunity himself when he got his 100 game presentation. So is it a false story?
    As Horse didn't say anything - nor did Mike, I presume it's a furfy.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    My guess is Brian Taylor (though I have no idea whether Taylor ever produced - or played - in a Grand Final).
    Of course

Bloody Hell. First time I thought I'd start a thread. 1am, The Age, reasonably sober, plausible reasons.

I withdraw.

Welcome back Mike Pyke!

Pyke to announce retirement at B&F

Ha ha!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast