Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pyke to announce retirement at B&F

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Maybe Mr Pyke just wanted it to be Goodsey's night....With a little Shaw on the side.......Time will tell
    If it transpired in the last couple of days, it might be that they didn't have time to get a tribute together. Maybe they suggested they could farewell him at the pre-season dinner next year. Or maybe the Swans are trying to persuade him to hold off a decision until they can see if they can get a replacement on board.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    If it transpired in the last couple of days, it might be that they didn't have time to get a tribute together. Maybe they suggested they could farewell him at the pre-season dinner next year. Or maybe the Swans are trying to persuade him to hold off a decision until they can see if they can get a replacement on board.
    I hope the Swans are not trying to change his mind. A good opportunity in investment banking is best for his medium and long term future.

He only has one more season maximum left in the AFL and there is no guarantee that he won't break down.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    On Twitter, I noted to Michael Gleeson, who reported the retirement story in The Age, that Pyke hadn't retired at the B&F and he responded: 'interesting. Will happen'.
    If course it probably will happen. It's a matter of whether it happens this year or next year

Quote Originally Posted by 6'2, 220, 4.53 View Post
    I hope the Swans are not trying to change his mind. A good opportunity in investment banking is best for his medium and long term future.

He only has one more season maximum left in the AFL and there is no guarantee that he won't break down.
    Who's to say that opportunity won't be there next year ? He is contracted and if he feels he can contribute in some way to our season and help out his teammates then he should stay on for the final year of his contract. I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities in the glorious and glamorous world of investment banking that you seem to revere so much. Next season will be his last chance to play elite football, he won't get another one.

He may hold off any announcement until after the trade/free agency period. If we get a ruckman, he may retire. If not, he may play one more season, but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by 6'2, 220, 4.53 View Post

Well 'Matt'. The guy is obviously not stupid. He could go around again, fulfil the role the Swans want, collect his 300k and keep on in investment banking. All good for him! If they want to keep him then they are obviously not convinced yet by the 2 big 'N's or getting a value import. If he retires then the swans still know exactly what they are dealing with.

According to Travis King of afl.com.au Trade Winds

"while the Swans could now ramp up their bid for West Coast's Callum Sinclair to replace retired ruckman Mike Pyke."

Has he, or hasn't he?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    According to Travis King of afl.com.au Trade Winds

"while the Swans could now ramp up their bid for West Coast's Callum Sinclair to replace retired ruckman Mike Pyke."

Has he, or hasn't he?
    Came here to post the same thing...

Happy and I know it
    Proof that if the media keeps repeating the same thing (true or not) then people start believing it's a fact.

I only believe official announcements from the club.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Well, according to Pyke, he's not going anywhere.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Happy and I know it
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Well, according to Pyke, he's not going anywhere.
    Just need a photo of Mike holding up a copy of that Age article.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast