Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irish Gun chooses Swans

Draft Scout

Irish Gun chooses Swans

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-1...r-rookie-lists

Glad to see us trying our hand again at the Irish exp.
    Best of luck Colin O'Riordan!
    Staying ahead of the game...

Been a while since we had an episode of Irish Corner

Colin O'Riordan signs with the Sydney Swans - RT? Sport

Colin O�Riordan � Tipperary Player Profile | Tipperary Times

approx 191cm and 88kg is my guess at now 19 years of age as he was closer to 84.5kg a year ago when only 18

similar to an Alex Johnson

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/2/2907141018-colin-oriordan-is-gaaie-football-player-of-week-/
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

All Ireland U21 Final 2015 - YouTube

he appears to play as a tall mid

Veterans List
    I wondered why we had gone quiet on the Irish recruits after a number have signed with other clubs. I think Tadgh is still involved with the Irish through the AFL so no doubt there was a heads up to us on this lad.

191cm is a good size, wonder if he has any pace?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I wondered why we had gone quiet on the Irish recruits after a number have signed with other clubs. I think Tadgh is still involved with the Irish through the AFL so no doubt there was a heads up to us on this lad.

191cm is a good size, wonder if he has any pace?
    He's a bit shorter than that. The other Irish boy trialling at the Combine was 191cm but O'Riordan is a few centimetres shorter.

There are brief interviews with both O'Riordan and Beatson towards the end of the final day AFL wrap on the AFL website - see link above. Beatson says they see him playing a Kennelly type role. Most of the Irish boys who've played senior footy seem to have at least started in such a role.
    Swans beat Dons, Saints to Irish sensation - AFL.com.au

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    ...There are brief interviews with both O'Riordan and Beatson towards the end of the final day AFL wrap on the AFL website - see link above. Beatson says they see him playing a Kennelly type role. Most of the Irish boys who've played senior footy seem to have at least started in such a role...
    Kinnear seemed very impressed with his kicking. If he can become as good a kick as Tadgh he will be doing very well.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

6ft3in is 190.5cm

not that it matters much because he does appear to be your running HBF type of recruit whether he is 190cm or 194cm

Colin O�Riordan � Tipperary Player Profile | Tipperary Times

article from 2014 so he turns 20yrs of age tomorrow

Age 18 Height 6ft 3in Weight 13st 7lbs

Colin was born on October 12th 1995 plays with the JK Brackens club. He played with the Tipperary Minor Footballers from 2011 through 2013, captaining the team in his last year and winning Munster and All-Ireland MInor Football medals in 2011 as well as a Munster Minor Football medal in 2012. Colin won an All-Ireland Minor Hurling medal as a substitute in 2012. Colin played with the Tipperary Under 21 Hurlers in 2013 and 2014 and the Tipperary Under 21 Footballers in 2014.

Colin made his competitive debut for the Tipperary Senior Hurlers as a substitute versus Kerry in the 2014 Waterford Crystal Cup, scoring a point from play. Colin made his Allianz Football League debut as a substitute versus Clare in the 2014 Division 4 Final in Croke Park. Colin made his Championship debut at right half-back versus Limerick in the 2014 Munster Senior Football Championship. He scored 1-6 in his 5 championship football appearances in 2014.

confirmed

O'Riordan becomes a Swan - sydneyswans.com.au

The 187cm talented junior was recently named Gaelic football�s young player of the year and he�s also an All-Ireland minor winner in both hurling and football and has twice earned All-Ireland honours.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    All Ireland U21 Final 2015 - YouTube

he appears to play as a tall mid
    Yes, and he does seem to be a very good kick.
    And I think that Tipperary were robbed. Not that I understand the rules at all, but hey, why should that stop me from having an opinion.

Will Jack Hiscox give up #17 for Colin? Or perhaps Lloyd Perris abandons #41?

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What I like about this kid is that he's a leader. It's about the first quality I look at in recruiting anybody to the club.

Colin O'Riordan - YouTube

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast