Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: great trade

I will miss Jetta's highlights but not when he goes MIA he will do well for the WC on the bigger ground - it will also be good for us to have a ruckman who can play below his knees and take a great mark and the bonus does not have to look around for a player to hand pass to !! - Sinclair will be OK and hopefully we don't have to wait as long for his first goal - now that would be frustrating !!
    Last edited by DA_Swan; 15th October 2015 at 12:52 PM.

I'm just glad the pea-hearted Jetta has gone.

Not rapt with Sinclair (He's no Mumford) but he will do for now.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Agree with that completely. I'm just surprised at how bullish people are about Sinclair. He's 26 too, not 21. 26 isn't old but I'm not convinced about the improvement he supposedly has left.
    I hear what you say, but we didn't need another 21 yo ruckman - got plenty of those already. He fills a need and perhaps has the potential to be better than that.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I admit it's hard to feel enthusiastic about the trade because it officially puts and end to Jetta's time at the Swans. But I guess that has come to an end due to his desire to move back to WA, and was going to happen regardless of this trade. So we have salvaged something out it, filling a need with, at worst, a workmanlike performer. Maybe he'll turn out to be much better than that. I remember being pretty nonplussed when a certain JPK was chased by the club, and we know how that's worked out. I had similar feelings re McGlynn and Shaw and, while their contributions haven't been as spectacular as Joey's, they've still significantly exceeded the expectations I had of them when they arrived.

If Jetta can add consistency to his game, he'll be a big gain for the Wiggles. They lack a player of his kind, and he does two or three things a game that put a big smile on your face. Reality is, though, that is usually is just two or three things a game, and in some games none. He hasn't consistently stood up for us when we most needed him, and his B&F finish this year was pretty ordinary for a player who didn't miss a game. That said, it's hard not to feel a little fondness towards him and, for his sake, I hope he puts together a few years of high level, consistent football out west (but not against us).
    I'm so glad it's not just me - you can find me on record here dissing all of Joey, Shaw & McGlynn. Gulp...

Jetta deserves significant credit for being prepared to put hard work into those aspects of his game that weren't up to scratch, tackling, chasing, other defensive aspects. Plenty of less talented players than Jetta that haven't been prepared to make those adjustments.

Sinclair looks pretty mobile for a big man and he seems to know where the goals are. Disappointed as I am to lose Jetts, I think this has the potential turn into a win-win for both clubs

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    It was always a weird call that Dx got a contract extension
    I think from (pretty dodgy) memory, it was an early extension? May have had something to do with getting rid of some COLA payments early... just a guess though.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcsquirta View Post
    I think from (pretty dodgy) memory, it was an early extension? May have had something to do with getting rid of some COLA payments early... just a guess though.
    It was just after he had played a handful of decent games in a row...I'm sure he's getting paid peanuts but it's fair to say we jumped the gun on that one.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Can't work out what they saw. Probably a nice bloke but he must wonder how he managed to get himself on to two AFL lists.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Senior Player
    Wouldn't be surprised if Tom's additional year was conditional on x number of games being played in 2015, may still be cut yet, although if Mike does retire he probably gets the additional year as insurance

Tommy Derickxyz is a lovely young man... he was my sponsor child this year.
    IMO Tommy has more potential at the moment than Toby Nankervis as a ruck. Tommy is a little stage-struck (in a Dean Towers kinda way). He needs a bit more experience to get over the nerves and play to his potential.
    Toby is a little slower underfoot than the average player, and this is a fast game. He struggles when he runs. For the sheer size of him, I'd be developing him as a forward or a "true" back, i.e. stay in the opposition square and don't move.
    Sammy Naismith is still a bit young, but there's plenty of room for development.
    With the addition of Callum, and Tipoff and (maybe, maybe not) Myke... I think the ruck and its succession is sorted.

Now, onto the backs....
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Nankervis has 10 times more potential than TomD...i'm sure Tom is a great bloke but he is basically a liability on the field. At least Toby can mark, kick and put the footy into the arms of one of our mids...agree that he needs to work on his pace and conditioning but you'd take Toby over Tom every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Tom has an endearing sense of humour. He must be a nice guy because despite all my caustic criticism I never received a single death threat from him. But Tom has no potential, at least as a footballer, because he's reached the top of his game. He finished the NEAFL season in pretty good form, for Tom that is, but still a far cry from anything other than a last resort ruckman.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345