Thread: Bye Bye Birdy

Veterans List

Bye Bye Birdy

Craig, it's sad to see you leave. You did some amazing things on the field (including some miracle goals) but more importantly I always felt safe when the ball was in your hands. I understand that our game plan had to change and that made it increasingly hard for you to get back into the senior team but you were a great mentor in the 2s.

It will be sad to see you in Bombers colours next year. But you will always be a Swans Premiership player.

Thanks for everything and I wish you the best for the rest of your career.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post

Made the most of the opportunities afforded him & worked hard. Underrated, IMO, by so many for so long ... a blue-collar midfielder in a progressively white-collar side. I hope that Kelly & Skilton feel that he did the jumper proud

1263996223337.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    It will be sad to see you in Bombers colours next year. But you will always be a Swans Premiership player.
    Many have said Craig has avoided Paul Bevan's fate ... ironically, Bevo went on to wear Bombers colors when he retired & played in the WAFL

140312sptpaullb5_17m50mh-17m50ms12-061801.jpg
    Last edited by goswannies; 21st October 2015 at 06:29 PM.

Are we showing are age when we refer to 'Bye Bye Birdie' (the movie with Ann Margaret)?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I'm sorry to see Craig leave but I understand why it's happening and wish him the best. He was a special favourite of mine for his persistence, hardness at the ball and sheer slog when it was needed. He is a solid, reliable blue-collar toiler and while he may not have had the brilliance of a Skilton or (in a different way) a Kirk, he did the guernsey no harm. I hope to see him continuing a successful career - he deserves it.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Two games stand out for me. One against the Bulldogs at the SCG when he kicked four goals playing half forward. But his GF in 2012 was his best performance when he forward tagged Birchalll and other half bank flankers and gathered 19 disposals in the meantime. Didn't get much credit but given the way the Hawks move the ball he had a cracking game. Hoo roo and good luck, premiership player.

One of my favourites for a long time. Best side step going around. Will be missed and reckon Dons got a great pick-up for not much.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Are we showing are age when we refer to 'Bye Bye Birdie' (the movie with Ann Margaret)?
    And remember (without Google) that the lead character was Conrad Birdie?

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Best wishes Birdie
    You did the jumper and the club proud
    Always a Swans Premiership player
    Good luck at the Dons

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    And remember (without Google) that the lead character was Conrad Birdie?
    I only saw a bit of this movie as a kid on TV, but this has been stuck in my head ever since:

We love you Conrad, oh, yes we do;
    We love you Conrad, and we'll be true.

When you're not near us, we're blue;
    Oh, Conrad, we love you.

Or something like that