Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Vacant numbers

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Here's the "official numbers story" from the Swans website. AJ is changing to take over number 2.

Jumper numbers revealed - sydneyswans.com.au
    Let's just hope that the number 2 brings AJ a bit more luck.

And I also like the idea of Mills getting 14. It could be said that it places a bit of pressure on him, but I would argue, that being a number 3 draft pick would have already placed an equivalent amount of pressure on him.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    ........... It also says to me that the club has high hopes of Alex making a successful return to senior footy.
    If AJ can make a successful comeback, it will be a significant boost for the side given his quality and position. Everything crossed for him.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Was only joking. 37 should be retired until a suitable player of Goodes choice is invited to wear it.

I like the fact that our most famous number, 14, is handed to significant players and I'm sure Mills is one of those.
    Didn't Mills ask for number 14? Good to see he is confident in his ability with both Number 3 DP and wearing number 14. Pressure does not seem to worry him!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Didn't Mills ask for number 14? Good to see he is confident in his ability with both Number 3 DP and wearing number 14. Pressure does not seem to worry him!
    Not at all, and quoting Mills himself, �I�m looking forward to making it my own.� None of this "I hope to", he knows he'll make it his own. I like his attitude......

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Not at all, and quoting Mills himself, �I�m looking forward to making it my own.� None of this "I hope to", he knows he'll make it his own. I like his attitude...
    And so do I. In fact I think attitude is perhaps the most important missing factor in a lot of our games. It was good to rewatch this year's first game against Hawthorn recently and see the attitude fire up when appropriate.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I'll be "attituding" from the stands as usual....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I'll be "attituding" from the stands as usual....
    From up in victor trumper stand behind the goal posts by any chance primmy?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345