Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Fixture Leaks / News

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I like the move to a week off before the finals start. Evens things up.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Will not happen. We will play the last home and away game at ANZ in 2016. Not sure what will happen if finals are to be played.
    Pridham just tweeted that the Swans would be happy to play their 3 ANZ games at SCG in 2016. They will be negotiating, he said.
    Andrew Pridham on Twitter: ".@sydneyswans play 12 times in Sydney in 2016. 3 games at ANZ. We are open to moving these 3 games to @SCG if negotiations permit."
    Last edited by royboy42; 29th October 2015 at 01:37 PM.

Little surprised North and Collingwood play 5 Friday Nights and and Richmond seriously play 6 Friday Nights rewarded for being mediocre. Overall happy with our fixture only play two top teams twice Hawks and North, GWS is still a unknown may finish top 4 next year with Shiel back.

Hope something can be worked out with the ANZ games and have them moved to the SCG

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Does anyone with more knowledge on the topic think that we are a decent chance at having our ANZ games switched to the SCG? When would we likely find out?
    I think this is much more in the hands of the NSW state government than the Swans or AFL. If they get the stadium supertrust off the ground in time and buy out ANZ, then the grounds will have the same people running them, and we'll be able to move. Otherwise I doubt we'll move them.

Veterans List
    I game in each of Perth and Adelaide is pretty good. Good draw all round.

Western Bulldogs have the best draw i've ever seen, first seven matches at Etihad and the eight at MCG first eight weeks in Melbourne and 17 of 22 matches in Melbourne...

On the Rookie List
    Just made up a quick pdf of live AFL games in Sydney for 2016 (for those who go to both Swans and GWS games)
    the blanks are GWS games at Canberra
    Attached Files Attached Files

On the rise
    Agree overall it is a good draw BUT yet another away game to Geelong really p's me off. It is an almost guaranteed loss, and it means that, yet again, there are only 4 games in Melbourne

On the rise
    While more day games will hopefully be good for results, it's not so good for Melb-based supporters without Foxtel. Only four of our first 14 games are on Seven, and two of those are Melbourne games.
    The host channel is not decided for the last 8 games, but looking at the timeslots, I'd guess only 3 will be on Seven, including 1 in Melbourne.

Might have to get an afl.com.au subscription - otherwise would only see 8 games for the season.

On the rise
    Finally....looks like Andrew Ireland counted the Tassie game as being in Melbourne too

Fixture reaction: What the clubs said - AFL.com.au

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Blood View Post
    Finally....looks like Andrew Ireland counted the Tassie game as being in Melbourne too

Fixture reaction: What the clubs said - AFL.com.au
    I believe from a tweet he posted he incorrectly included the NAB game

Quote Originally Posted by Young Blood View Post
    Agree overall it is a good draw BUT yet another away game to Geelong really p's me off. It is an almost guaranteed loss, and it means that, yet again, there are only 4 games in Melbourne
    If you can't beat the best, you don't deserve to win

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast