Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 2016 Fixture Leaks / News

This is an interesting article by Graham Cornes complaining about the Adelaide Crows fixture: No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

We can make him an honorary member of RWO with his anti-AFL rant. I particularly like this paragraph toward the end of the piece.

The AFL like it like that. They want the non-Victorian teams to be competitive but not dominant; visible but not overwhelming.

Senior Player
    Who we play is mostly irrelevant to me. 'Tough draw' assessments are mainly drawn on perceptions informed by where a team has finished the previous year. There's about 14 teams whose fortunes will be determined by their ability to find areas of improvement, maintain form and avoid injuries. There will be ladder position fluctuations in 2016 just like most other years. And I'm completely unclear about how well we will perform as a team next year.
    Disappointments - not enough SCG Thursday and Friday night games. Still plying our trade out at Homebush. How dismal will the atmosphere by v Carlton and Essendon in the venue with no atmosphere?
    Enticements - the opportunity to beat the evil scum that is Hawthorn, North and West Coast on our home patch. Seeing new stars emerging at our great club.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Has anyone had a look at this article/table
    I realise it is hard to rank a teams fixture but I think this looks kinda right. I was thinking that games played at the "G" should have been in the calculations but this is only the regular season.
    I hope though, that the Cats don't really have third easiest draw next year, it will let them jump right back up, just like the Weagles did on the back of a crap 2014. Also the consecutive six day breaks for the Roos when a lot of other teams have none is hardly fair. I know, I know, the draw will never be fair but that stands out like the proverbial.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Just wild about Harry
    I only just realised, but we are playing West Coast in Sydney for the first time since 2009.

Last time I can recall being at an Eagles game over here was that final at ANZ Stadium when the lightning hit.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Have we played them in Sydney since the infamous Hall/Staker incident?

- - - Updated - - -

Answering my own question but I think we have, Kieran Jack laid out Mark Seaby (or Spangher?) with one of the best bumps I've ever seen and set up a goal.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567