Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Thread: draft !

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Thank you Liz

Another slightly off topic, MMM news in Melbourne just announced on the news that Sam Reid was drafted by GWS after being delisted by the Swans LOL
    There's a different Sam Reid who plays (and coaches in some capacity, I think) in the NEAFL for UWS Giants. I believe he was redrafted after being delisted by GWS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    There's a different Sam Reid who plays (and coaches in some capacity, I think) in the NEAFL for UWS Giants. I believe he was redrafted after being delisted by GWS.
    Watched him cut up our ressies a few times!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    I'm aware of that, the fact that MMM reported that we cut our Sam is quite astonishing really

[QUOTE=Scottee;688087]Having watched both Max and PB I can't split their skills but am thrilled that we have someone with similar dual sidedness and and promising footy talent.[/QUOTE}

His other grandfather Jeff Bray also played for the Swans. He was a member of West Adelaide's 1961 premiership team and played two seasons at South Melbourne that were interrupted by injury. Bray was a magnificent kick. Max Papley was described by none other than Bobby Skilton as one of the greatest footballers to don the swans guernsey. Young Tom has some good pedigree there and I sincerely hope he makes it. We desperately need a hard, productive small forward.

Sam Murray has some Swans history as well with his father playing at South Melbiourne in the late 70s. No senior games but spent some time there.
    Google Peter Muzza Murray and you'll get the full history.
    I FEEL THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge.maverick View Post
    Sam Murray has some Swans history as well with his father playing at South Melbiourne in the late 70s. No senior games but spent some time there.
    Google Peter Muzza Murray and you'll get the full history.
    Less than 20 posts a year for the last 11 seasons, but he makes them count when he does!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Less than 20 posts a year for the last 11 seasons, but he makes them count when he does!
    Only speaks when he has something significant to say - good way to be :-) Good on you Wedgy

He has one of my favorite avatars as well...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334