Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast

Thread: draft !

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    Not sure Tyrone's position is recoverable.

We do not have a good rwcent history with left footers from Bundoora
    Good observation but Shaw served us well IMO. Certainly no star but he did his job.

Pushing for Selection
    Give the kid a go...he didn't choose the swans they chose him. He might not agree with Adams stance, his antics, his beliefs, but at 18 he is probably naive to all those thing Adam stands for. I am sure he will be educated in aboriginal history, in Adams history and the culture that makes the Swans tick. That can olny be a positive and then he can educate all his dumb mates about it. Because we barrack hard for the team, follow them, assume we know them.. we get our backs up,against somebody having an opinion..... As I have told my stupid mates...the word opinion and the phrase 'in my opinion ' is bullshize. It's basically a way to say what you want as long as you precursor with that.

Let's not crush this kid ...we have a history of turning out great people no matter there history.
    The name is a beaut.
    One in all in.

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    Give the kid a go...he didn't choose the swans they chose him. He might not agree with Adams stance, his antics, his beliefs, but at 18 he is probably naive to all those thing Adam stands for. I am sure he will be educated in aboriginal history, in Adams history and the culture that makes the Swans tick. That can olny be a positive and then he can educate all his dumb mates about it. Because we barrack hard for the team, follow them, assume we know them.. we get our backs up,against somebody having an opinion..... As I have told my stupid mates...the word opinion and the phrase 'in my opinion ' is bullshize. It's basically a way to say what you want as long as you precursor with that.

Let's not crush this kid ...we have a history of turning out great people no matter there history.
    The name is a beaut.
    One in all in.
    ????..

Tom Papley is what you could call 'nuggety' and Kyle is what you could call 'tall'.

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Tom Papley is what you could call 'nuggety' and Kyle is what you could call 'tall'.
    Ha! YvonneH you must have been listening to my old Dad. He used those exact words. He was also excited about his use of left & right foot, "a bit Bobby Skilton".

Dad also mentioned that Max Papley was a "brilliant footballer without really trying". I remember his name more than his football as I was a youngster when he played, but my Dad also saw a lot of Max in Williamstown where he was a playing coach(that's where we hail from).

Regular in the Side
    I believe if Max played longer for South he would have been on the same pedasal as RJS and Adam G so good was he. Magnificent kick and great mark and by god could he kick a goal.

Veterans List
    Many people thought Max was brilliant but inconsistent. Turns out he had a heart valve problem. Only found out many years after he stopped playing. My brother knows him and he said he sometimes ran out of breath at training. Had he been in better health probably wins a Brownlow. Absolutely brilliant player. More skilled than Peter Bedford and that is saying something. Looks like Tom has inherited the both sides of the body skills. Can't wait to see him in action.

Hey mods. Can you get rid of these ridiculous tags?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    a lot of left footers in the Hawthorn team also !!!

i think statistically 28% of people are left footed which surprised me ?

I'm a Leftie, Southpaw, Kacky Hander, molly Duker. Do you know when I was a kid about 10% of people were left handed. Mind you if you were left handed the teachers would beat you into writing right hand.

Senior Player
    Having watched both Max and PB I can't split their skills but am thrilled that we have someone with similar dual sidedness and and promising footy talent.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Veterans List
    Tom is a bit of a feel good story. I wonder if any of the 10,000 accredited AFL journalists will pick up on it. I reckon there have been about 75 stories, many rehashed, about Treloar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Tom is a bit of a feel good story. I wonder if any of the 10,000 accredited AFL journalists will pick up on it. I reckon there have been about 75 stories, many rehashed, about Treloar.
    I am a bit of a ho hum person about Treloar. I have seen him play a lot and while a good player he is not the star the scribes are making him out. He can break open matches and he is hard at it. But he also has some traits that deflate his value as far as I'm concerned. He is a hot head. Doesn't perform that well when heavily tagged and loses it with the tagger. His delivery is sometimes iffy. You have to take the good with the bad and an aggressive player is going to give frees away. He also backchats the umps. Buckley thinks he has the GWS match winner but I think he was sometimes a very good player and at other a good player and when heavily tagged almost unsighted. In most games against us we tagged him out of the game.

Yes the Papley story is interesting with both his gandfathers playing for the club. Often times the talent skips a generation or the next generation find other things to do. Would be interesting to see the Swans TV interviews with him. Could do our own doco if he makes it or on his first game.