Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 28

Thread: Best Sydney Swans Team (1982 - Present)

  1. #13
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    435
    I have been updating my teams of the century (no changes obviously to SMFC) but I look at Sydney every year. My parameters are 75 games or 50 and a F&F ,capt or coach.
    here goes
    crouch carter Dunkley
    carroll roos browning
    murphy Williams maxfield
    morwood bayes Kelly
    micky o lockett wright
    Stafford healy Mitchell
    int goodes jude and craig Bolton kirk
    stiff hall okeefe jolly and mummy
    I didn't select B Round as he played more games with SMFC ,
    coach Roos ,Longmire and eade assistants

  2. #14
    Senior Player Plugger46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Narre Warren, Victoria
    Posts
    3,605
    N.Smith, Dunkley, C.Bolton
    Barry, Bayes, Kennelly
    Goodes, Diesel, Hanners
    O'Loughlin, Hall, Moorwood
    Franklin, Lockett, J.Bolton
    Round, Healy, Kelly
    Kennedy, McVeigh, Kirk, O'Keefe

    The club has been at its best for the last decade. Makes sense to have more of those players in.
    Bloods

    "Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

  3. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    N.Smith, Dunkley, C.Bolton
    Barry, Bayes, Kennelly
    Goodes, Diesel, Hanners
    O'Loughlin, Hall, Moorwood
    Franklin, Lockett, J.Bolton
    Round, Healy, Kelly
    Kennedy, McVeigh, Kirk, O'Keefe

    The club has been at its best for the last decade. Makes sense to have more of those players in.
    Reckon Carter was a much better fullback than Dunkley (IMO) Know we got him at the end of his career but reckon Roos was a better CHB than Bayes but you'd need Bayes in there somewhere

    Leaving Round out was my bad. Hard to argue about Nick Smith either, a massively under-rated player

  4. #16
    Senior Player Plugger46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Narre Warren, Victoria
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Reckon Carter was a much better fullback than Dunkley (IMO) Know we got him at the end of his career but reckon Roos was a better CHB than Bayes but you'd need Bayes in there somewhere

    Leaving Round out was my bad. Hard to argue about Nick Smith either, a massively under-rated player
    Roos was a star but ran around without an opponent for much of the second half of his career. Quite ironic, given how he coaches. I'd definitely say he was a better player than Bayes but Bayes did some great jobs on star CHFs when the club was at its lowest point. He played his whole career with us too which has to count for something.

    Carter was just before my time so I can't comment on him.
    Bloods

    "Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

  5. #17
    Mummy in the ruck. When fully fit, he was better than Jolly.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

  6. #18
    On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Mummy in the ruck. When fully fit, he was better than Jolly.
    Agree, comprehensively.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

  7. #19
    McVeigh for Brownlow RogueSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Posts
    4,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Reckon Carter was a much better fullback than Dunkley (IMO) ..
    Andrew Schauble was a better full back than Dunkley, IMO. Pity he didn't hang around for a few more years.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

  8. #20
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Top End
    Posts
    311
    Dunkley being sold a little short here.

    If Bayes was around today, Jetta would have been playing as a small forward and Franklin would have been forced to retire from two years of chronic chest pain.

  9. #21
    McVeigh for Brownlow RogueSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Posts
    4,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    ... and Franklin would have been forced to retire from two years of chronic chest pain.
    Love it
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

  10. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    Dunkley being sold a little short here.

    If Bayes was around today, Jetta would have been playing as a small forward and Franklin would have been forced to retire from two years of chronic chest pain.
    If Bayes was around today he'd be playing for Hawhtorn. Rolls onto his left foot spears a pass 50 metres.

    My son's coach (in a grossly overrating moment) said there was a touch of the Mark Bayes about my son's kicking style. Didnt mean anything to him but i walked around with my head pretty high for a week.

  11. #23
    On the rise
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    N.Smith, Dunkley, C.Bolton
    Barry, Bayes, Kennelly
    Goodes, Diesel, Hanners
    O'Loughlin, Hall, Moorwood
    Franklin, Lockett, J.Bolton
    Round, Healy, Kelly
    Kennedy, McVeigh, Kirk, O'Keefe

    The club has been at its best for the last decade. Makes sense to have more of those players in.
    Agree with C.Bolton - would be the first picked in my back six. Gun.

  12. #24
    McVeigh for Brownlow RogueSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Posts
    4,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    N.Smith, Dunkley, C.Bolton ...
    Jared Crouch >> Nick Smith? Crouch could break the lines as well as stop his man
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO