Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Sydney Swans Team (1982 - Present)

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Jared Crouch >> Nick Smith? Crouch could break the lines as well as stop his man
    I'd have Smith ahead of Crouch but it's all very subjective.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Some short memories showing I think.

Any 82+ team lacking Denis Carroll, Tony Morwood and Stevie Wright is hard to take seriously.
    I also think a few posters are forgetting (or never knew) just how influential Barry Round could be. The idea of putting Jolly (Jolly FFS!) ahead of him is laughable, despite big Barry only having 4 seasons in Sydney. The only other serious ruck candidate is Jason Ball.
    As for back pockets, David Ackerly was the Nick Smith of the early '80s, only better. Toss up between him and Crouch for the back pocket IMHO.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Some short memories showing I think.

Any 82+ team lacking Denis Carroll, Tony Morwood and Stevie Wright is hard to take seriously.
    I also think a few posters are forgetting (or never knew) just how influential Barry Round could be. The idea of putting Jolly (Jolly FFS!) ahead of him is laughable, despite big Barry only having 4 seasons in Sydney. The only other serious ruck candidate is Jason Ball.
    As for back pockets, David Ackerly was the Nick Smith of the early '80s, only better. Toss up between him and Crouch for the back pocket IMHO.
    Ackers was indeed a great player. I'd defmnitely slot Round in instead of Jolly now and I agree about Stevie Wright needing to be found a spot

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Mummy in the ruck. When fully fit, he was better than Jolly.
    True, but hardly a recommendation. In my opinion, my auntie was better than Darren Jolly. She was 153 cm when she died in 1968, but her heart was far larger than his. It was (as far as I recall) the size of a budgerigar's testicle.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123