Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: League freak who will be a swan

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The AFL underestimate the enormous Swans fan base in Thailand. There's already been a big rally complaining about next year's fixture.

Yes, and I can see that there is a fan of Tom Mitchell there and a fan of Rhyce Shaw.
    Of course, I'm now wondering if the supporters of the military coup proudly display the colours of mustard on turd?

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm thinking this kid has a bit to work on although I admit he's big for his age.

Moses DeSoto VS Tyrell Mayfield - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    I'm thinking this kid has a bit to work on although I admit he's big for his age.

Moses DeSoto VS Tyrell Mayfield - YouTube
    Thats not him the kid is around 5ft 9in(175) ish from photos

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Thats not him the kid is around 5ft 9in(175) ish from photos

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Looks good but the biased me says my daughters score tries like this in touch football every week - but, sigh, no girls allowed in the academy.

Looks like he has now officially committed to the Swans academy, and I presume that means to the Swans.

Mayfield sets sights on AFL - sydneyswans.com.au

With Micky O guiding him and his natural athletic abilities, I suspect that we have someone who will be very good to watch in the future.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Interesting that he is getting all this support from the Swans ACADEMY, Yet Eddie and all the Vic teams will be crying and whinging if we pick him up. This kid looks like he could play AFL/NFL or Union in a heartbeat. Wouldn't be funny if he was in the AFL draft and an Victorian club decided to pick him up and then he changed his mind and said no I will play Rugby League instead?

Veterans List
    Surely this young bloke is an example of precisely why the academies were set up. Chooses AFL over RL; feel good story that fosters the sport in the northern states.

Quote Originally Posted by Markus26 View Post
    Love the step on this young man. If he sticks with the academy he'll be exciting to watch in Swans' colours. Inside / outside midfielder?? Will know how to tackle.
    He is already quite tall and will only keep growing until about 21. He is 14 and a half head smaller than Micky O who is 190.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Surely this young bloke is an example of precisely why the academies were set up. Chooses AFL over RL; feel good story that fosters the sport in the northern states.
    And very much why this story has been released - shows the potential success the Academy can achieve over other sports...

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Absolutely, it is precisely why the academies are set up.

And it really really gets on my goat that GWS are not taking their responsibility to the academies seriously. They are not doing anything to address the current malaise of the game in westerm Sydney and to be honest the game is in pretty crook shape in ACT as well. I know it is not their remit to run the games in these areas but some support to Western Sydney rather than pumping money into Manly (of all the clubs given their location) beggars belief.

Instead of running the academy system like the other three clubs GWS simply set up token centres in the Riverina and use it as a recruitment zone. This is not what the system was intended to do.

My fear is that as soon as GWS are successful the AFL will take away their Riverina recruitment zone, which I will support as that zone should be an AFL responsibility. But part of that will be a reduction in our academy footprint rather than making GWS actually do some work in theirs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123