Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farewell Dr Gibbs

Farewell Dr Gibbs

I have heard from a reliable source we are losing the best sports Dr in Australia. I wish this weren't true and I hope there is someway or someone who can turn the situation around but I fear not.

He has served our club and its' athletes like no other. Remember how he managed to get Goodesy back on the MCG for the 2012 GF. I know he has applied his knowledge and skills behind the scenes impossible to any other. He has also achieved incredible success within the rules of the AFL, ASADA and WADA.

How can we let him go? Who can replace him..... no one. His credentials are incredible. I am about to go home and have a martini to drown my sorrows.

Didn't we also just lose our strength coach to the Lions? What is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    I have heard from a reliable source we are losing the best sports Dr in Australia. I wish this weren't true and I hope there is someway or someone who can turn the situation around but I fear not.

He has served our club and its' athletes like no other. Remember how he managed to get Goodesy back on the MCG for the 2012 GF. I know he has applied his knowledge and skills behind the scenes impossible to any other. He has also achieved incredible success within the rules of the AFL, ASADA and WADA.

How can we let him go? Who can replace him..... no one. His credentials are incredible. I am about to go home and have a martini to drown my sorrows.

Didn't we also just lose our strength coach to the Lions? What is going on?
    Seriously hope this isn't true, hope the Buddy saga was not a contributing factor

He is almost 56. If the story is true he may simply have decided he wants to cut back his commitments.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    By all accounts I've heard a great servant of the club. We will miss him sorely. (so to speak)
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I remember seeing Dr. Gibbs at North Shore Orthopaedics way back in 1989 when he diagnosed my own ACL injury. It may have been his first year as a doctor. He looked like a football player. Every time I see him checking out a player's knee it reminds me of that day. His expression and technique are still the same.

Hope this isn't true. I believe he's a life member of the club, well deserved.

He does work for the NRL also, will be interesting if any info pops up there too.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I remember seeing Dr. Gibbs at North Shore Orthopaedics way back in 1989 when he diagnosed my own ACL injury. It may have been his first year as a doctor. He looked like a football player. Every time I see him checking out a player's knee it reminds me of that day. His expression and technique are still the same.
    He was a football player - with the mighty Rabbitohs.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    I wonder if this comes about from the lack of due diligence on Buddy?

And it could be that he wants his weekends back. Perhaps family pressures have played a part - like us he is entitled to a private family life. My nephew is physio for the Raiders - weekends for 7 months of the year are gone on top of being available 24/7 to tend to players needs - not an easy life when you have a young family. So if it's true I don't begrudge him one iota - none of us should. If he wants a change of scenery - so he it - it's his life and he's served the Swans well.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I wonder if this comes about from the lack of due diligence on Buddy?
    What lack of due diligence?

Do you know something the rest of us don't?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    The other shoe has dropped. It seems Dr Gibbs and Tom Harley disagreed, and the doctor is leaving. I'm very sorry to hear it, and if the reason is as reported, I hope Tom knows what he is doing.

Long-time Swans doctor parts ways with club

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    The other shoe has dropped. It seems Dr Gibbs and Tom Harley disagreed, and the doctor is leaving. I'm very sorry to hear it, and if the reason is as reported, I hope Tom knows what he is doing.

Long-time Swans doctor parts ways with club
    Seems odd that after all these years he suddenly couldn't get a contract done. Not liking this one bit & not convinced it's not franklin related.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast