Thread: Marngrook Footy Show

Marngrook Footy Show

Not strictly Swans related but a good article in the Age about the Marngrook Footy Show, or more about Grant Hansen the Co-host.

I have been watching this show for a long time now and I prefer it to League Teams which I do not watch anymore.

What are the chances of it being aired on mainstream TV?

People should boycott the mysoginist and racist footy show and jump on board Marngrook. It is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Not strictly Swans related but a good article in the Age about the Marngrook Footy Show, or more about Grant Hansen the Co-host.

I have been watching this show for a long time now and I prefer it to League Teams which I do not watch anymore.

What are the chances of it being aired on mainstream TV?
    It is on mainstream TV.........NITV 34.......every Thursday night (mostly) during the season ...... FTA.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I know it is on NITV 34 as that is where I watch it. What I meant by 'mainstream' is footy related channels i.e. Fox Footy, or 7/7Mate. Didn't explain it very well and mislead everyone. Sorry.

If it went to one of the bigger networks, that can be a death knell of sorts.
    Will lose a lot of it's small budget charm IMO
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Happy and I know it
    It was on ABC2 before NITV and was only an hour. I preferred the shorter format but I guess they had to allow for the ads on NITV?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Its on against all odds. They can waffle. They are not professional media people for the most part. They can concentrate on aboriginal players as they choose as its on NITV.

Couldn't see it working on pay tv as to be honest the people watching the show in droves are amongst those who are unable to access pay tv for various reasons. Its not like we have much of a choice! Five shows a week, and one of them a disgrace, one of them may or may not show, and three good ones, mostly, and that's it. Three.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Pushing for Selection
    I was interviewed by the two ladies outside the G before the Semi vs Hawks in 2011. I had gone down in the hope of rubbing my Hawthorn-supporting friend's face in it but we lost. Not sure if the vision ever made it onto the broadcast, as I'm bad at looking back at stuff when we lose.