Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BJ signs on to the end of 2017 season !!

BJ signs on to the end of 2017 season !!

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I keep forgetting that he is just 21. He still has potential to grow and build into.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Surprised they gave him 2...surely 1 would have sufficed.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Surprised they gave him 2...surely 1 would have sufficed.
    agreed!!!

Shocking kicking skills and no footy nous.

But there are many players like him in our list!
    doof-doof

Veterans List
    The club does not hand out 2 year extensions willy nilly so they must see real potential in BJ, potential that RWO'ers may not see.

I think he has shown enough to be given the surety of 2 years on what would be a modest salary anyway.

Hope BJ continues to improve and makes himself a top 22 player. There are after all at least three vacancies to be filled in the top 22.

He is a good kid, he keeps getting better, he works hard. He is not perfect and it may surprise some to know that Ted couldn't get a gig at Essendon, Jeremy couldn't get a gig at Carlton and Hawthorn traded Joey, and yet they all improved with a bit of time, so for pete's sake, we can give BJ a bit of a go can't we.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    He is a good kid, he keeps getting better, he works hard. He is not perfect and it may surprise some to know that Ted couldn't get a gig at Essendon, Jeremy couldn't get a gig at Carlton and Hawthorn traded Joey, and yet they all improved with a bit of time, so for pete's sake, we can give BJ a bit of a go can't we.
    Like. A lot.

He's a kid who came to the club very raw, having taken up the game late. He's clearly a very hard worker and smart, and his development curve has been steady. I dare say the club has given him two more years because they think he's worth it.

does anyone know the min annual salary a snr afl player can be on now ?

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I keep forgetting that he is just 21. He still has potential to grow and build into.
    He's a small forward that's been in the system for 3-4 years now. IMO if he was going to be a promising small forward he would have done more by now. It's not likeness a tall player that needs time to develop.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    He's a small forward that's been in the system for 3-4 years now...
    Yes, you are right only 3 - 4 years compared to others that have played since they were kids. BJ has only been with us for three seasons. Kieren didn't really become the player we know and love until his about his fifth season and he is an exceptional footballer.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

im guessing when he was 17 in year and scored 98 plus ATAR he was doing lots on AFL training ? NON.............he was way behind in development and he is now ready to surge again

i feel very confident he will be on the march in to the 22 again in 2016

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Just to clarify, I do really like him as a player and believe he can become best 22...just not sure the 2 years was really necessary.

Look what happened with Derrickx? We signed him too hastily and our now stuck with him for an extra season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast