Thread: 2015 AFL Draft Top 10 Picking Comp

2015 AFL Draft Top 10 Picking Comp

(1) Jacob Weitering (Carlton)
    (2) Josh Schache (Brisbane)
    (3) Callum Mills (Sydney) (matching Melbourne Bid)
    (4) Darcy Parish (Melbourne)
    (5) Jacob Hopper (GWS) (matching Essendon bid)
    (6) Sam Weideman (Essendon)
    (7) Aaron Francis (Essendon)
    (8) Matthew Kennedy (GWS) (matching Gold Coast)
    (9) Harry McKay (Gold Coast)
    (10) Keiran Collins (Melbourne)

Not too many surprises from my predictions really but I reckon the Dees will take Collins a bit earlier than per most form guides as with his addition they have a pretty good spine. Obviously Curnow a late fade down the list, oh dear.....

I see some pundits have the Hawks going in for Dunks but with Mills, Hopper and Kennedy and probably Hipwood going before him that should slip the Hawks first pick back to 19 and I reckon we'd be tempted to match that bid....

While I agree that Mills appears to be a high selection. I feel that Roosy will use Melbourne's second pick not first to bid for him. My suggestion is that they will use number 3 selection for Weiderman or the best mid fielder available.. Kennedy or Curnow?

If Mills slips to number 7 is good for us and the points we have.. and future pick for Dunkley.

Well I am hopeful

Rod_

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    No Charlie Curnow? Is that because you don't rate him or because of the incident yesterday? I wouldn't be surprised to see the Demons pick him at 3...I'm not sold on Parish.

The mail seems to be that Oliver will go in the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    No Charlie Curnow? Is that because you don't rate him or because of the incident yesterday? I wouldn't be surprised to see the Demons pick him at 3...I'm not sold on Parish.
    It was largely because of his antics but I agree that it probably won't affect a club taking him on, even though her seems like a grade A ratbag. Guess we all make mistakes as kids etc and perhaps this is the wake up call he needs. So, yeo he'll probably go top 10 though I'd say with one of the Dons' picks

Mug P

It will be a tough case to argue against your top 10 and for me I am still on the fence on whether Melb will bid on Mills or Hopper for no3 OR simply go for a key posse player......

Melb picked up 3 new midfielders already for 2016 in Melksham, Kennedy and Bugg for the midfield

They have 19 players min in their midfield rotation list as per below but they definitely are lacking the quality in the key possie roles and I would argue they need to take the best tall defender or forward......which is pick 3 not pick 10

Melksham
    Kennedy
    Bugg

N.Jones
    Salem
    Viney
    Trengrove
    Brayshaw
    Tyson
    Stretch
    Newton
    Kent
    Vince
    Harris
    Petracca
    Jetta
    Bullen
    Hunt
    M.Jones
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Mug P

It will be a tough case to argue against your top 10 and for me I am still on the fence on whether Melb will bid on Mills or Hopper for no3 OR simply go for a key posse player......

Melb picked up 3 new midfielders already for 2016 in Melksham, Kennedy and Bugg for the midfield

They have 19 players min in their midfield rotation list as per below but they definitely are lacking the quality in the key possie roles and I would argue they need to take the best tall defender or forward......which is pick 3 not pick 10

Melksham
    Kennedy
    Bugg

N.Jones
    Salem
    Viney
    Trengrove
    Brayshaw
    Tyson
    Stretch
    Newton
    Kent
    Vince
    Harris
    Petracca
    Jetta
    Bullen
    Hunt
    M.Jones
    I'm biased of course but if I was Roos I'm not sure I'd be going for mids at the Dees this year. You look at that list and their top 10 mids, which is about what you need to have these days, is quite good - Melksham, Kennedy, Bugg, Tyson, Petracca, Vince, Viney, Trengrove, Jones, Salem. And under the Roos rebuild, which I think has been massively under-appreciated by the AFL world, he has brought in seven of those.

You can stock up on mids any year, and you can usually trade for them as well, but I think they have enough depth in that department, especially given they have traded their #1 pick next year and that they need to shore up the spine with a KPF and a KPD so Weideman and Collins are possibilities if he goes that way.

A slip to 4 would simply take away any real risk of not getting Dunkley, our third pick will be in pass territory anyway. I know we shouldn't be giving spots away on our list but I'd be happy to see an academy kid get the last slot if there isn't anyone of real talent there around pick 60

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    (1) Jacob Weitering (Carlton)
    (2) Josh Schache (Brisbane)
    (3) Callum Mills (Sydney) (matching Melbourne Bid)
    (4) Darcy Parish (Melbourne)
    (5) Jacob Hopper (GWS) (matching Essendon bid)
    (6) Sam Weideman (Essendon)
    (7) Aaron Francis (Essendon)
    (8) Matthew Kennedy (GWS) (matching Gold Coast)
    (9) Harry McKay (Gold Coast)
    (10) Keiran Collins (Melbourne)

Not too many surprises from my predictions really but I reckon the Dees will take Collins a bit earlier than per most form guides as with his addition they have a pretty good spine. Obviously Curnow a late fade down the list, oh dear.....

I see some pundits have the Hawks going in for Dunks but with Mills, Hopper and Kennedy and probably Hipwood going before him that should slip the Hawks first pick back to 19 and I reckon we'd be tempted to match that bid....
    8/10 with Kennedy going at 13 and Collins at 26

Emma Quayle I ain't