Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The pre season begins !!!!

The pre season begins !!!!

great to see Towers leading, Robo who was leading BJ who was leading HarryC and Lloyd and best of all Tom Mitchell right next to these guys......on the middle distance run

what a grouping of promising young Swans !!

PS the face just in front of Towers was our RAMPE only a couple of yards on Towers !!!

Swans back on track - sydneyswans.com.au
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Good effort

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    great to see Towers leading, Robo who was leading BJ who was leading HarryC and Lloyd and best of all Tom Mitchell right next to these guys......on the middle distance run

what a grouping of promising young Swans !!

PS the face just in front of Towers was our RAMPE only a couple of yards on Towers !!!

Swans back on track - sydneyswans.com.au
    It's a big year for Deano, good to see him starting on the front foot

I was impressed to see that at least three senior players - McVeigh, Tippett and Kennedy - turned up a week earlier than they were obliged to. Particularly Kennedy who got married in (what looked like from Instagram) a glamorous ceremony in Colombia only about nine days ago. Perhaps he's aware he needs to start training to counteract the celebrations!

ohhhhhhh

i must say that would have been quite some wedding !!!!

could you imagine !!!

Columbia

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I was impressed to see that at least three senior players - McVeigh, Tippett and Kennedy - turned up a week earlier than they were obliged to. Particularly Kennedy who got married in (what looked like from Instagram) a glamorous ceremony in Colombia only about nine days ago. Perhaps he's aware he needs to start training to counteract the celebrations!
    I also thought this was excellent leadership. Sets a great example for the youngsters.

i equally agree

I couldn't help but thinking how powerful the little things are in a team one way or the other........ie dont fill the space with such care and heart and the space is filled with less........but set the scene and fill the space with genuine care and love of the team / the swans and the message rings like bells from a tower !!!

just Macca turning up would have been magnificent but to have "The Tip" and Josh as well was a whole new level of enthusiasm !!! but i love it !!!!

.......it reminded me of that little story Capone (DeNiro) tells his table of thugs in that little gem of a movie from 1987 "The Untouchables" the story of greatness where one surpasses others because of the team!

-------------------

"A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms. Enthusiasms, enthusiasms... What are mine? What draws my admiration? What is that which gives me joy? Baseball! A man stands alone at the plate. This is the time for what? For individual achievement. There he stands alone. But in the field, what? Part of a team. Teamwork... Looks, throws, catches, hustles. Part of one big team. Bats himself the live-long day, Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, and so on. If his team don't field... what is he? You follow me? No one. Sunny day, the stands are full of fans. What does he have to say? I'm goin' out there for myself. But... I get nowhere unless the team wins.

Senior Player
    Yes, impressive, although my presumption is that the coaches have asked some of the senior players back early to set a standard to the younger players. Either way, it's cause for optimism - trying a new approach. Joey is the most reassuring player in our squad.

The Untouchables - Enthusiasms - YouTube

thats it

i promise

enjoy Bob !

Colombia, huh?
    I hope they had the good sense to hire these Colombians as the wedding band.

YURI BUENAVENTURA Senor SERENO - YouTube

Clearly Josh has had enough of this marriage thing and has quickly moved into phase 2 of wedlock, which involves getting out of the house as much as possible. 9 days is a good effort. It's like a doing 16 on the beep test.

If I was ASADA I would have urine tested everyone at that wedding, especially Emilio.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    i equally agree

I couldn't help but thinking how powerful the little things are in a team one way or the other........ie dont fill the space with such care and heart and the space is filled with less........but set the scene and fill the space with genuine care and love of the team / the swans and the message rings like bells from a tower !!!

just Macca turning up would have been magnificent but to have "The Tip" and Josh as well was a whole new level of enthusiasm !!! but i love it !!!!

.......it reminded me of that little story Capone (DeNiro) tells his table of thugs in that little gem of a movie from 1987 "The Untouchables" the story of greatness where one surpasses others because of the team!

-------------------

"A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms. Enthusiasms, enthusiasms... What are mine? What draws my admiration? What is that which gives me joy? Baseball! A man stands alone at the plate. This is the time for what? For individual achievement. There he stands alone. But in the field, what? Part of a team. Teamwork... Looks, throws, catches, hustles. Part of one big team. Bats himself the live-long day, Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, and so on. If his team don't field... what is he? You follow me? No one. Sunny day, the stands are full of fans. What does he have to say? I'm goin' out there for myself. But... I get nowhere unless the team wins.
    Number one favourite movie of all time....followed by When Harry Met Sally.

Also the Untouchables has the best music score of any movie EVER,

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast