Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: The pre season begins !!!!

Veterans List
    Anyone getting to training to give an unbiased warts n all report on progress of the hopefuls?

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Anyone getting to training to give an unbiased warts n all report on progress of the hopefuls?
    Brandon has been "training the house down" and is a possible starter this year.
    Towers has developed a good relationship with Kirky and looks to improve his "hardness" to a level the RWO community finds acceptable.
    Robbo looks great, his body will finally allow a number of RWOers to be able to say "I told you so" when he gets a run in the midfield in round three and racks up 25 disposals.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Off to Melb then back to work so yesterday was my last chance to watch the team during a training session.
    The session finished with some really interesting drills and the type that demonstrate both the competitive nature of the group and the clear bond they share as a club.
    It is when you see the unbridled enthusiasm and sheer joy they get from winning a simple one drill, you realise how young they are and how fleeting this time is for players, but enough maudlin reminisces.
    The most important insight I gained from watching the repeated sessions over this time was the managed programs of various players at this time.
    For example, Ted Richards, Franklin, Tippett, Sinclair, Naismith, Nankervis rarely competed in long sessions. Mitchell and Kennedy were others that seemed less involved. Hanabery and Parker were not spared nor were other mids like Cunningham, Lloyd or the aspirants. This may have been choice thing.
    Grundy and Rampe are clearly leading the defensive group now and were dominant in many of the drills. Smith is one of the senior management team but was strangely quiet out there. Allir and X look most likely of the new group to step up.
    Watching the mids drill is always fascinating, Parker and Hewitt were paired off for many of the one on ones and you could tell that there was no quarter asked or given. George was holding his own and looked pretty sound doing it.

It was great also that hannes said swampy has come back in cracking form in the fitness department - right up in the top group with the running

- - - Updated - - -

------ also a player like Gary Rohan is under incredible pressure from Brandon, Robbo, towers etc to even get in the 22

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    It was great also that hannes said swampy has come back in cracking form in the fitness department - right up in the top group with the running

- - - Updated - - -

------ also a player like Gary Rohan is under incredible pressure from Brandon, Robbo, towers etc to even get in the 22
    I agree AG that Rohan will be under plenty of pressure in 2016. We all love how he goes about his footy, but he remains on the margin of the 22 in my book, and could be under significant pressure to hold his spot if some of the younger guys step up another level in 2016. We really need Rohan to take the next step and fulfil the potential we all know he has, with the loss of Jetta from the team.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

If Rohan watches more of jughead and gunston down at the hawks for how to play as a mobile mid to tall he would see more of a picture of what is expected
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Adam Curley just tweeted saying how impressive Franklin was this morning in the Swans intra-club...made specific mention of his defensive pressure and tackling! Always good to hear.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Parker signs for 5 more years???

Veterans List
    NAB Challenge games - thinking of getting a Sydney trip to coincide with one of the two games so I can check out progress of the fringies.

Question to RWO'ers, I've been to Blacktown so know that I can just walk up to get in but is Drumoyne likely to be difficult ticket wise because I believe it's quite small?

Any help appreciated, cheer cheer

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    NAB Challenge games - thinking of getting a Sydney trip to coincide with one of the two games so I can check out progress of the fringies.

Question to RWO'ers, I've been to Blacktown so know that I can just walk up to get in but is Drumoyne likely to be difficult ticket wise because I believe it's quite small?

Any help appreciated, cheer cheer
    Drummoyne is small but if you have membership you can get free access and register for guaranteed entry (apparently not guaranteed )
    It is a nice waterside oval so if you can manage it I'd recommend that one
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Blog Entries
    I'm over pre-season.
    I have my members pack.
    Let's play for real!!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011