Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Membership Numbers 2016

:If there's any consolation for the horrid results in the last 2 years it's the boost in memberships:
    Bloodsbigot, I am sure there are plenty of clubs that would have liked the 'horrid results' in the last 2 years that we have had.
    Last edited by liz; 28th March 2016 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Fixed quotation syntax

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Bloodsbigot, I am sure there are plenty of clubs that would have liked the 'horrid results' in the last 2 years that we have had.
    Losing to the Hawks in 2014 was the most heartbreaking experience I've ever had watching football. This includes 1996 and 2006. I honestly would have preferred finishing 8th. The North loss wasn't as bad, but it was certainly a kick in the balls.

Senior Player
    We're only about 500 short of 50K now. Great effort!

Help us reach 50,000 members! - sydneyswans.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Losing to the Hawks in 2014 was the most heartbreaking experience I've ever had watching football. This includes 1996 and 2006. I honestly would have preferred finishing 8th. The North loss wasn't as bad, but it was certainly a kick in the balls.
    Agreed. Getting thrashed in a grand final is the worst possible outcome for a season. At least finishing down the order you have the consolation of draft picks.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Agreed. Getting thrashed in a grand final is the worst possible outcome for a season. At least finishing down the order you have the consolation of draft picks.
    I imagine the coach's last words before they run out: "I have only one thing to say to you all - 2014." But have to get there first!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    From a fan's perspective I'd tend to agree but I doubt Longmire would agree with that assessment, I'd say they'd be thinking the closer they get to the flag the better season they've had. You can't win a flag if you aren't in the Grand Final, the possibility of losing one is an unfortunate reality of sport

Word is it's about 300 to go for the big 50,000. And unlikely to be inflated like the lying Hawthorn scumbag membership base.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Word is it's about 300 to go for the big 50,000. And unlikely to be inflated like the lying Hawthorn scumbag membership base.
    The Swans website is saying 49,492 this morning

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We're not members this year because we just couldn't identify a package that worked for us, I know a couple of other folks who are in a similar boat. To see these sort of numbers for the club really is absolutely wonderful.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    Release today: "The Sydney Swans have reached 50,000 members for the first time in the Club�s history and in doing so have become the first sporting team in Sydney to achieve the milestone.The membership record follows the Swans return to the SCG for all home games in 2016 and comes on the back of three rousing wins in the opening three rounds of the season.
    To celebrate and say thank you, the Swans have welcomed the 50,000th member into their home at the SCG.
    10-year-old Zachary Redman was beaming as he was greeted by coach John Longmire and Swans players, who gave him a surprise tour of the Club�s inner sanctum."

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like Buddy has been a great investment both on and off the field. We do support a very clever club.

Veterans List
    Let's not underestimate the Buddy effect in getting fringe followers to join up. A great investment and from 2017 with the much increased cap he will look cheap!

Great that a 10yo was the 50,000th member, was never going to be any other way :-)

Unbelievable effort. Bloody hell I love this footy club!
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast