Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodesy article

There are still comments available on this page and as disturbing as many are, there are some strong advocates for sanity out there. Whilst it seems too hard dealing with such people, ignoring them only provides them with a feeling of vindication in numbers. The 'mob' mentality again.

This was my contribution to the debate because I felt too many want to take away the human side and focus on the persona projected in the media.

"After reading so many comments, I fail to understand how many people believe that reporting a racist comment from a fan (not unlike other spectators have done) was in itself provocative. Moreover, the belief that because a player plays for a free kick or behaves badly on the field entitles those watching to behave like sheep and a mob at that.

I seem to remember Chris Judd committing unsavory acts on the field but he was not singled out for the treatment that greeted Adam Goodes yet their records in other ways bear a striking resemblance.

Unlike many of those involved in this discussion I have had the privilege of meeting Adam on a number of occasions both publicly and privately. He is neither arrogant, belligerent nor divisive. He is forthright, committed to his birthright and understandably anxious that the current generation and future generations of his people be proud of their heritage and he seeks to embolden them to grasp it and become."

Thanks for publishing the article it gives me hope that Adam's torment may have a positive outcome if the debate remains fresh. The AFL wants it to go away, we cannot let them forget their role in the demise of a great man and Brereton in particular has a debt to pay.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    graemed, thanks for sharing your contribution to the responses. Well said, and I agree with your comment about the importance of not leaving the field to the mob.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Great response graemed.

Long Term Injury List
    I hope the haters were listening to the interview with Australia's Cricket captain Steve Smith on ABC radio just now. When questioned about how he has prepared for leading Australia in what is sometimes considered a more revered position than Prime Minister he said that he spoke with Tubby Taylor & Adam Goodes.

Veterans List
    I sent an email to some people I used to work with to wish them a Merry Christmas and I received this response from one of them.....

"The Swans�.sooky sooky lala has gone, but they�ll cry some more with the cola going�."

I haven't bothered to respond to this rubbish.

He is an arrogant Saints supporter and I have had the pleasure of reminding him over the years how many premierships I have seen my team win and how many he has seen...ZERO ????!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I sent an email to some people I used to work with to wish them a Merry Christmas and I received this response from one of them.....

"The Swans�.sooky sooky lala has gone, but they�ll cry some more with the cola going�."

He is an arrogant Saints supporter and I have had the pleasure of reminding him over the years how many premierships I have seen my team win and how many he has seen...ZERO ??????!
    You used to work with Mark Fine?

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar

He is an arrogant Saints supporter and I have had the pleasure of reminding him over the years how many premierships I have seen my team win and how many he has seen...ZERO ??!
    Hope you've made special mention of the 2005 PF! And pointed him to the Premiership scoreboard - Goodesy 2 St.Kilda 1

- - - Updated - - -

He is an arrogant Saints supporter and I have had the pleasure of reminding him over the years how many premierships I have seen my team win and how many he has seen...ZERO ????!
    Hope you've made special mention of the 2005 PF! And pointed him to the Premiership scoreboard - Goodesy 2 St.Kilda 1

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    You can imagine what I copped the whole day at work that Friday before the PF. I had the last laugh after the final siren ????.

He is an arrogant Saints supporter and I have had the pleasure of reminding him over the years how many premierships I have seen my team win and how many he has seen...ZERO ??!
    You'd think that being a Saints supporter would knock the arrogance out of most people? He must be a special individual.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    You'd think that being a Saints supporter would knock the arrogance out of most people? He must be a special individual.
    A lot of them are.
    I used to know one who would launch into a raving tanty at the mention of the Swans
    Exactly the audience chins mcguire preaches to
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Fancy replying like that to a Christmas email, let alone at all. That's the last one I'd be sending him.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12