Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: old swans games 1996

old swans games 1996

Guys

I am hoping that maybe someone on here can possibly assist me.

Looking for copies of old Swans home and away games - in full, for season 1996.

trying to help out a mate with this, as he is trying to collect every single home and away game in season 1996, for all teams.

Whilst name a game/sports delivered has a lot of 1996 games, he doesnt want to spend big $$$ with them, he has a lot of footage he can offer to swap with.

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by langers1971 View Post
    Guys

I am hoping that maybe someone on here can possibly assist me.

Looking for copies of old Swans home and away games - in full, for season 1996.

trying to help out a mate with this, as he is trying to collect every single home and away game in season 1996, for all teams.

Whilst name a game/sports delivered has a lot of 1996 games, he doesnt want to spend big $$$ with them, he has a lot of footage he can offer to swap with.

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated

thank you
    Which games & what format? If it was video, would you digitise/DVD it?
    I think I just threw out a video of a Swans Hawks game (I'm not sure which round and I think it was '96).

I have the Swans '96 draw with Essendon R6 '96 on DVD. '96 Swans prelim win over Essendon & qual final win over the Hawks both on DVD. & of course the GF ok DVD. I'm sure your massive collection includes all of these. But if you need any of them let me know (esp the Hawks video one, as its only just been chucked out so might still be in the bin - still in its case - it's clean still).

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Which games & what format? If it was video, would you digitise/DVD it?
    I think I just threw out a video of a Swans Hawks game (I'm not sure which round and I think it was '96).

I have the Swans '96 draw with Essendon R6 '96 on DVD. '96 Swans prelim win over Essendon & qual final win over the Hawks both on DVD. & of course the GF ok DVD. I'm sure your massive collection includes all of these. But if you need any of them let me know (esp the Hawks video one, as its only just been chucked out so might still be in the bin - still in its case - it's clean still).
    i have all of those, but thank you anyway

Senior Player
    Maybe a list of which Swans games from '96 you are after might be helpful. I'd still have a lot of these on VHS.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Maybe a list of which Swans games from '96 you are after might be helpful. I'd still have a lot of these on VHS.
    these are the swans games in full for 1996 i am after:

r2 v freo
    r3 v collingwood
    r8 v west coast
    r12 v footscray
    r13 v carlton
    r15 v st kilda
    r17 v freo
    r18 v melbourne
    r19 v richmond
    r22 v west coast

vhs or dvd are both good for me, i can transfer vhs to dvd quite easily.

any assistance is greatly appreciated

thank you

Senior Player
    No worries. I'll see which of those I have. Off to Qld first thing tomorrow. Back in a week or so. I'll have a look then. Pretty sure I'd have the Carlton game at least. From memory it was at Princes Park - the first time we'd beaten them there since the 60s i think.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.

these are the swans games in full for 1996 i am after:

r2 v freo
    r3 v collingwood
    r8 v west coast
    r12 v footscray
    r13 v carlton
    r15 v st kilda
    r17 v freo
    r18 v melbourne
    r19 v richmond
    r22 v west coast

vhs or dvd are both good for me, i can transfer vhs to dvd quite easily.

any assistance is greatly appreciated

thank you
    i have managed to get:

r3 v collingwood
    r8 v west coast
    r15 v st kilda
    r19 v richmond
    r22 v west coast

still need 5 more to go!!!

Senior Player
    i have managed to get:

r3 v collingwood
    r8 v west coast
    r15 v st kilda
    r19 v richmond
    r22 v west coast

still need 5 more to go!!!
    Sorry Langers. I only seem to be able to find copies from 1996 for the following rounds: 3,7,19,20. Can't locate the Carlton game. I'll look again in other locations but it isn't with my usual pile of lazily ordered and poorly labelled tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Sorry Langers. I only seem to be able to find copies from 1996 for the following rounds: 3,7,19,20. Can't locate the Carlton game. I'll look again in other locations but it isn't with my usual pile of lazily ordered and poorly labelled tapes.
    no worries, appreciate the effort

I've got R12, R13 and R18 as MP4 files if you still want them. I transferred my VHS tapes a while ago, so the picture is not of the best quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    I've got R12, R13 and R18 as MP4 files if you still want them. I transferred my VHS tapes a while ago, so the picture is not of the best quality.

thank you Zlatorag, but i am waiting to hear back from someone who has all 3 for me.

i just need 3 more swans games from season 1996 now:

r2 v freo
    r13 v carlton
    r17 v freo

any assistance with these is greatly appreciated

thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast