Thread: Getting Tickets at the Cattery

Senior Player

Getting Tickets at the Cattery

Hi all,
    Planning a trip down to Geelong for the Cats game this year. I gather they have knocked down a stand which might restrict ticket availability and/even from a general perspective was wondering how easy it is or otherwise to get tickets there and when the best time to get them is.

Thanks all.

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but after a couple of games at Geelong I stopped bothering.
    Too much like hard work.
    Also the time I decided to let got of my Vic Membership, since we have a game there pretty much every year.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Probably not the answer you're looking for, but after a couple of games at Geelong I stopped bothering.
    Too much like hard work.
    Also the time I decided to let got of my Vic Membership, since we have a game there pretty much every year.
    Not necessarily CTS, I'm trying to convince my 14 yo that the Adelaide Oval game against the Crows would be a better option... quite keen to check out the new AO but I come from Adelaide originally and we've been to Adelaide a 100 times, so he want to try something different.
    What were the issues with Geelong??
    Cheers,

Senior Player
    I've only been to one game at Geelong and I got free tickets from work. This is of absolutely no help to you.

Pushing for Selection
    I know parents of players at the Swans who live in Melbourne - they have difficulty in getting any more than player (Swans) supplied tickets - if you are in Melbourne much simpler to get MCG or Eitihad tickets.

I haven't missed down there since the early 90s. Even some of the many losses have been entertaining days.

I've always stood behind the goals (left of screen when looking on TV). Easy enough to get a General Admission ticket there. Not so sure about seating.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

You pay for a membership, then for a seat.
    Also it's 2 hours from where I live.
    Add to that it's usually on FTA, and the motivation kind of dissipates to make the effort.

I have Foxtel now (channel 10 losing the F1 to them was the clincher).
    So I guess I have adapted to the AFL mantra that watching games on TV is the most important thing.
    Their insistence to show games being played in Melbourne on FTA (eg: Richmond Vs Sydney - when supporters can hop on a train and see them live) and then not showing games played interstate (eg: Sydney vs Richmond) seems to demonstrate their priorities, which come as no surprise to most ($$$)...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I haven't missed down there since the early 90s. Even some of the many losses have been entertaining days.

I've always stood behind the goals (left of screen when looking on TV). Easy enough to get a General Admission ticket there. Not so sure about seating.
    Thanks Plugger46, yeah I've heard thats the only place to get a seat. Do you get those with a Melb membership or can you get them straight through Ticketek? How far in advance of the game?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by floppinab View Post
    Thanks Plugger46, yeah I've heard thats the only place to get a seat. Do you get those with a Melb membership or can you get them straight through Ticketek? How far in advance of the game?

Thanks,
    Floppinab, also have a look at the travel packages offered by Virgin Australia and the AFL - AFL Packages & Tickets | AFL Travel . Sometimes they are decent value, and most importantly, include tickets to the match as well.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."