Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Intra Club

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Suspect Ted won't be playing. Wasn't he reported as "managing" a soft tissue injury last week (calf?) - together with X.
    Keeping it in the family eh?

Who is going to the intraclub? We need good unbiased RWO style reporting :-)

Is there any such thing as 'unbiased RWO style reporting'?

Intraclub 12 February

Pretty excited about heading to Henson Park after work tomorrow. Does anyone know if the club is going to post team lists as they did last year?

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Provided it is dry I'll be there and I'll be keen to provide my comments
    Not drinking Mug?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Players can be moved from one team to the other. I hope they wear the same number for each time.

Working night shift tonight so looking forward to reading some detailed analysis from the RWOers who are attending the Intra Club tonight at 5! Looking forward to hearing how our new youngsters go plus a few 2nd and 3rd year boys who are our future! ?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Teams are up!

#TeamRed
    5. Isaac Heeney
    6. Tom Mitchell
    7. Harry Cunningham
    8. Kurt Tippett
    12. Josh Kennedy
    15. Kieren Jack
    18. Callum Sinclair
    20. Sam Reid
    22. Dean Towers
    23. Lance Franklin

26. Luke Parker
    28. Nic Newman
    30. Tyrone Leonardis
    32. Michael Talia
    38. Colin O�Riordan
    42. Xavier Richards

44. Jake Lloyd
    53. Ryan Hebron*

#TeamWhite
    1. James Rose
    5. Callum Mills
    9. Abe Davis
    13. Toby Nankervis
    17. Jack Hiscox
    19. Tom Derickx
    24. Dane Rampe
    27. Dan Robinson
    29. George Hewett
    31. Harry Marsh
    33. Brandon Jack
    34. Jordan Dawson
    35. Jake Veale*
    36. Aliir Aliir
    39. Heath Grundy
    40. Nick Smith
    41. Tom Papley
    47. Kyle Galloway

* Denotes QBE Sydney Swans Academy player

Seems a little unbalanced to me, Red will start favourites IMHO

Senior Player
    I'm sure as they said, players may (I read as will) swap

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Summary from Twitter + BigFooty.

Mills great across half-back.
    Heeney great in the forward half and midfield.
    Buddy great all over the ground...did plenty of km's.
    Robinson and Mitchell stand outs.
    Hewett fair bit of the footy.

A very enjoyable evening to get the season started.

It's always wise not to read too much into intra club matches but it is funny how I saw quite a different game to Conor's sources

Agree re the Buddy assessment and by far the most important outcome - he looks super fit and his body language was great, I think the big fella is back.

Heeney also looked sharp whenever he got the footy.

They set up with Reds pretty much being our first choice forward line with the Whites having a strong defence (Reg and Rampe amongst them) on them. the reds definitely had the first string mids and the score reflected that but it was a well contested trial.

Mills started on Towers so there's a pointer that they may be looking at blooding him on the half back flank. Towers was pretty quiet so I guess that is a tick to Mills. Physically and body language wise he looks every bit a ready made senior AFL footballer and his disposal was crisp and precise. Having said that I don't think he or the coaching staff would be that happy with his performance as he dropped three marks that were bog standard and I have to say on at least one he heard footsteps so not a good look. I would bet that he'd be in our first 22 for round 1 but not if he keeps dropping simple marks.

Robbo was OK but how Mitchell can be seen as a standout I don't know, he was OK when he was on but like many of the senior players he only really played half a game.

All the senior players from last year looked fit and did OK so the interest was in the newbies and fringe so here are the MP verdicts

* Standout for me was Hewett who is no longer in a kid's body and he played very well and could well have a case of mild leather poisoning tonight. His disposal was good too. I would be very surprised if he is not rewarded with a NAB challenge slot next week and if he plays like that all pre-season I fail to see how he cannot get selected round 1

* Closely behind was Abe Davis who I think has the makings of a very good fottballer. Good physique, big engine and good skills I can see him as a big bodied midfielder but he needs a bit more mongrel. Could well play a bit of senior footy this year.

* Of the fringe players from last year I thought BJ played well and, like Hewett, I he keeps playing like that he'll be hard to keep out

* Jack Hiscox also found a lot of the footy, looks every bit the elite athlete he is and has bulked up. Big question mark is his disposal which really is not at AFL standard and you just wonder if he can improve that. The elite level engine is beyond doubt though and I just wonder if they shouldn't use him a tagger because he would be almost impossible to shake off.

* Newman was by far the pick of the rookies and I reckon he could well play senior footy this year and Marsh also ran off the half bacl well and looked well balanced and composed with good delivery. O'Riordan the Irishman also impressed me - I doubt he will play senior footy this year but look out for 2017, he goes hard at the footy and has some real go in him. Galloway the big young ruckman has A LOT of work to be done on him but he is a BIG unit.

* Negatives - based on tonight Aliir Aliir and Xav Richards are both miles off being AFL footballers, I can't see X making it but I believe they see AA as a long term project player who may get next year as well, he is certainly a good athletic specimen.

* Leonardis looked OK, had a crack and has decent delivery but I'd be surprised if he can crack the side this year and Dawson did little but also has a good peg on him.

* James Rose did some good things but for mine still doesn't have the physique yet to play a full season of AFL, he also drifts in and out a lot

Most important thing was no injuries and the return of Buddy

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Hannebery didn't play because he was attending a funeral in Melbourne

Veterans List
    Hewett playing well has to be seen as a very good effort as he was playing against our A grade mids. I know he's an inside mid but we are genuinely needing some fringe players to step up into serious AFL standard to fill the vacancies in our best 22 and boost our depth.

First intra I know but after two years in the NEAFL it may be that Hewett is going to grab one of those vacancies.

Reports on Mills indicate he will be another to be best 22, always seemed that way if he got his injuries right. Need to find a few more with their hands up for selection over the remaining pre season games.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast