Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Intra Club

Intra Club

Friday week at Henson Park, weather permitting I'm really looking forward to it.

If you have a look at the info, you'll see why I reckon Dean Towers could be an absolute wildcard for us this year. Look at the vertical leap on him there, it's why until this year he held the draft vertical leap record. If he can believe in himself, and for mine the first six games are critical, then he can become a very very good player for us.

I just love his story how he was such a late bloomer, coming through the various leagues in Colac before us drafting him and then taking almost two years for us to give him a chance.

Countdown to #SwansIntra begins - sydneyswans.com.au

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Friday week at Henson Park, weather permitting I'm really looking forward to it.

If you have a look at the info, you'll see why I reckon Dean Towers could be an absolute wildcard for us this year. Look at the vertical leap on him there, it's why until this year he held the draft vertical leap record. If he can believe in himself, and for mine the first six games are critical, then he can become a very very good player for us.

I just love his story how he was such a late bloomer, coming through the various leagues in Colac before us drafting him and then taking almost two years for us to give him a chance.

Countdown to #SwansIntra begins - sydneyswans.com.au
    Will you be heading along MP?

Really looking forward to some RWO match reports!
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

I will definitely be there. Looking forward to seeing the newbies have a go. Usually have a few toppies and last year a few of them were pretty good.

On Deano, I think last year he got some confidence but also realised just what it took to be an AFL player. He is a worker and he just keeps plugging away. I hope he makes it because his work ethic is so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Will you be heading along MP?

Really looking forward to some RWO match reports!
    Provided it is dry I'll be there and I'll be keen to provide my comments

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I will definitely be there. Looking forward to seeing the newbies have a go. Usually have a few toppies and last year a few of them were pretty good.

On Deano, I think last year he got some confidence but also realised just what it took to be an AFL player. He is a worker and he just keeps plugging away. I hope he makes it because his work ethic is so good.
    I get the feeling they absolutely love him at the club and so badly want him to make it. Sometimes people can try too hard and I'm just hoping that the confidence he got from the last few games plus a really really good pre-season will see him firing from Round 1

Veterans List
    RWO match reports looked forward to very much. Always tell it like it is, not the embellished stuff the club puts out (thinking ressie best players here)

Need the fringies to really step up from the outset.

General Sale Tickets still available

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    General Sale Tickets still available
    Since when did you need a ticket to go to the intraclub?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Since when did you need a ticket to go to the intraclub?
    Ha Ha, I meant the NAB Challenge at Drummoyne which I thought would be snapped up by members yesterday.

Yes, I'm sure we'll be able to get a seat at Henson Park...

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    RWO match reports looked forward to very much. Always tell it like it is, not the embellished stuff the club puts out (thinking ressie best players here)

Need the fringies to really step up from the outset.
    funnily enough some of the toppies were pretty good last year. There was one bloke I thought we might look at for the academy. A young kid who comes from Sydney Uni. Mind you last year I thought the best of our young lot was Melican at the Intra. Then not long after he gets injured and we don't see him for most of the year.

Veterans List
    High hopes for Melican, a real draft smokie. I remember positives about him when he played last year and just the position player we need.

Apparently according to 'Dan the Man' Buddy will play the Intra. He normally doesn't trot out until the latter NAB but I think he is trying to get a really good match fitness base by first game this year.

The squad looks really fit and the skills in the practice match at Coffs, the little I saw in the footage, seemed very good.

I hope Teddy & Reg get a really good hit out just to see how Teddy especially is going.

Looking forward to seeing the young blokes have a go.

Veteran Site Admin
    Suspect Ted won't be playing. Wasn't he reported as "managing" a soft tissue injury last week (calf?) - together with X.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast