Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coffs Pre-season Camp

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    It was a wet morning out at the Stadium today.
    When I arrived most were participating in a game.
    It was really good watch and more insightful than drills.
    Stands out for me were:
    Cunningham - he seemed to get more of the ball than anyone else. It looked to me he and Towers were playing on each other and Harry seemed to run off him regularly but was right on Towers when had the ball.
    Heeney - very vocal, even to the point of having a word to Sinclair about running towards the player with the ball when passing. He might have just been letting him know what they were supposed to be doing during the drill.
    Alliir - he was matched with Tippo and gave no quarter. I didn't see Tippo get a mark.
    Other things
    Abe Davis was playing forward during the game.
    Shaw was participating in the game too. One funny moment when the ball was coming up the grand stand wing was McGlynn was about to pull down an unopposed mark and Shaw came charging in and screamed "Arggh" or something similar, as Benny was about to mark, and made him spill a simple mark. The small crowd enjoyed that.

Attachment 1424
    Mills got a bit of the ball
    Attachment 1425
    Heeney launching a shot on goal
    Attachment 1426
    The players break to start their last term of the practice match.
    Attachment 1427
    Sinclair and TomD? contest the ruck
    Attachment 1428
    Nick Davis was there to save us.
    Is that Bud playing on Kennedy in photo 1427? Thanks for the photos . . . terrific.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    So Rogue the question on everybody's lips, did you meet up with paper_rival.......and was she really a 50 yr old male bus driver with a wig?
    No sign of paper_rival.

But I did see Towers in an ice bath

2016-02-05 Swans training 051 towers ice bath.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    Is that Bud playing on Kennedy in photo 1427? Thanks for the photos . . . terrific.
    Yep, Buddy was at a few centre bounces. Didn't notice him play to far forward. Winger this year?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    So Rogue the question on everybody's lips, did you meet up with paper_rival.......and was she really a 50 yr old male bus driver with a wig?
    Haha I was also wondering about the meet-up!

Thanks for the comments and photos though RS...especially in regards to Cunningham, if we have guys like him stepping up then it's going to make us a much more dangerous team in 2016.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Bud on the wing would be my preference, setting up behind the ball for stoppages in the attacking half, Reid playing CHF and Tippett/Sinclair rotating through traditional FF. Towers on other wing?

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Haha I was also wondering about the meet-up!

Thanks for the comments and photos though RS...especially in regards to Cunningham, if we have guys like him stepping up then it's going to make us a much more dangerous team in 2016.
    We all know Heeney doesn't look out of place in the seniors and during the practice match Mill, Hewett (sp?) and Robinson all "appeared" to be playing at the same level as the established guys. Then again, this was just a practice match, but having watched one of the preseason games hear last year, I reckon they went harder against each other than against the Lions.
    Another thing, they did appear to be following that idea of practising skills when fatigued. After the practice game a dozen or more ran sprints along the boundary and then went to do some kicking drills. They looked good, but I am very biased.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I think we should see a lot of rotation through most positions this year, in part to spread the workload. It also makes the opponent's defensive coverage more difficult. We have the kind of players that should be capable of doing it. The question is whether we have enough experience to know when to cover defensively on transition and not get caught out position nor allow the opposition to move the ball forward too easily. The Swans have been good at this over the years, but we had a more experienced side in previous years. This is usually what separates the good teams from the bad.

Love your work RS! Exciting year ahead , feel like expectation has dropped a bit, we're a bit more on the younger side now, pumped to see how we go this year. Can't stand going into a season as a premiership fancy, every game does my nut in!

We all know Heeney doesn't look out of place in the seniors and during the practice match Mill, Hewett (sp?) and Robinson all "appeared" to be playing at the same level as the established guys. Then again, this was just a practice match, but having watched one of the preseason games hear last year, I reckon they went harder against each other than against the Lions.
    Another thing, they did appear to be following that idea of practising skills when fatigued. After the practice game a dozen or more ran sprints along the boundary and then went to do some kicking drills. They looked good, but I am very biased.
    Thanks for the reports, R S. And just out of idle curiosity; since I reckon that Gary Rohan is in line for a very big year, I was wondering if he was running around and if so, what was the main position that he was playing?

One of the grand things one sees in practice matches is that there is no Practice Match in a professional competitive sportsman. It may start that way, but it always ends in a full on experience.
    They can't help it.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Thanks for the reports, R S. And just out of idle curiosity; since I reckon that Gary Rohan is in line for a very big year, I was wondering if he was running around and if so, what was the main position that he was playing?
    Gary wasn't participating on Wednesday or Friday. He did turn up and the end of the session though and was his usual charming self with us fans.

Gary wasn't participating on Wednesday or Friday. He did turn up and the end of the session though and was his usual charming self with us fans.
    Ta. Though he's not listed as injured, is he? Anyway, go the ginger ninja!

Veterans List
    From an article in the Herald Sun Buddy is looking really good and was impressive yesterday. He actually looks happy and has a light in his eyes. So different to last year. And I'm liking his longer hair!

Apparently Tippett has said he wants to stay a swan for the remainder of his career.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast