Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coffs Pre-season Camp

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp

Coffs Pre-season Camp

I have just gotten back from the first training session. I was only able to see about an hour of it.
    Some observations:
    When I first got there Tippo was doing goal kicking practice from around the 50 arc and was nailing every kick.
    Ted and X ran laps together, followed by boxing, and didn't participate in the training drills
    2016-02-03 Swans training 008.jpg
    The training drills, that I saw, were all around moving the ball into the F50. Kind of like a half court basketball game. Stuey Dew seemed to be running all those drills.
    2016-02-03 Swans training 005.jpg
    After this a group of younger Swans broke of to practice clearances.
    2016-02-03 Swans training 018.jpg
    I will be able to go to the whole of the Friday morning session and can hopefully give a more detailed report on activities.
    While I was there Heeney, Macca, Smooch, Gaz, Zac and Jordan didn't participate in drills either. They were boxing and kicking around a soccer ball.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Opti-pessi-misti
    Thanks RogueSswan - look forward to seeing and hearing more.

Smithy said in an interview today or yesterday on Swans website that Ted and XR both had calf issues. As we know Macca and Zac are still coming back after their knee operations but thought that Heeney was back in full training. There hasn't been any previous mention of Smithy or Gaz having injury problems has there - hope not.
    Last edited by rojo; 3rd February 2016 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake!

A really refreshing report! It's gives us a good sense of where some players at at. Thanks heaps and great pics too.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I have just gotten back from the first training session. I was only able to see about an hour of it.
    Some observations:
    When I first got there Tippo was doing goal kicking practice from around the 50 arc and was nailing every kick.
    Ted and X ran laps together, followed by boxing, and didn't participate in the training drills
    The training drills, that I saw, were all around moving the ball into the F50. Kind of like a half court basketball game. Stuey Dew seemed to be running all those drills.
    I will be able to go to the whole of the Friday morning session and can hopefully give a more detailed report on activities.
    While I was there Heeney, Macca, Smooch, Gaz, Zac and Jordan didn't participate in drills either. They were boxing and kicking around a soccer ball.

Veterans List
    Massive write up about Mills on the website this morning, skills, smarts, leadership and only 18yo, how did he look at training.

Opti-pessi-misti
    I was wondering when the Melbourne media were going to get around to Mills. After all the over-the-top attention given to Isaac last pre-season it has seemed a bit strange that the co-cause of all angst generated back then has been somewhat ignored in comparison. He should be feeling quite peeved - or perhaps very relieved!

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    I was wondering when the Melbourne media were going to get around to Mills. After all the over-the-top attention given to Isaac last pre-season it has seemed a bit strange that the co-cause of all angst generated back then has been somewhat ignored in comparison. He should be feeling quite peeved - or perhaps very relieved!
    If he stays for this pre season it will start to flow in.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Some observations:
    Hey RogueSwan, would it be out of line to ask to meet up and watch the training with you? I'll just be a shy 20 y/o girl watching all alone, which is a bit of a sorry situation, even if they are my favourite team. Would be lovely to meet another fanatic!

Thx also from me RogueSwan. X looking ripped. Looking forward to your report on Friday's session.
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

Quote Originally Posted by paper_rival View Post
    Hey RogueSwan, would it be out of line to ask to meet up and watch the training with you? I'll just be a shy 20 y/o girl watching all alone, which is a bit of a sorry situation, even if they are my favourite team. Would be lovely to meet another fanatic!
    I'll be there tomorrow with my boss, he is probably easier to recognise than me. He is a short guy, grey beard and a manky, infectious scarf that has never been washed. We will be in red and white. Come and say hi.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

It was a wet morning out at the Stadium today.
    When I arrived most were participating in a game.
    It was really good watch and more insightful than drills.
    Stands out for me were:
    Cunningham - he seemed to get more of the ball than anyone else. It looked to me he and Towers were playing on each other and Harry seemed to run off him regularly but was right on Towers when had the ball.
    Heeney - very vocal, even to the point of having a word to Sinclair about running towards the player with the ball when passing. He might have just been letting him know what they were supposed to be doing during the drill.
    Alliir - he was matched with Tippo and gave no quarter. I didn't see Tippo get a mark.
    Other things
    Abe Davis was playing forward during the game.
    Shaw was participating in the game too. One funny moment when the ball was coming up the grand stand wing was McGlynn was about to pull down an unopposed mark and Shaw came charging in and screamed "Arggh" or something similar, as Benny was about to mark, and made him spill a simple mark. The small crowd enjoyed that.

2016-02-05 Swans training 017-w.jpg
    Mills got a bit of the ball
    2016-02-05 Swans training 019w.jpg
    Heeney launching a shot on goal
    2016-02-05 Swans training 024w.jpg
    The players break to start their last term of the practice match.
    2016-02-05 Swans training 025w.jpg
    Sinclair and TomD? contest the ruck
    2016-02-05 Swans training 028 - Nick Davis.jpg
    Nick Davis was there to save us.

There were a few that did not take part in the practice game:
    2016-02-05 Swans training 029w - boys not taking part.jpg
    X, Ted, Lloyd, Melican, AJ (obviously), Macca, Jones, Foote and Naismith.
    2016-02-05 Swans training 002w.jpg
    There were a couple of others but I can't remember or didn't recognise.

2016-02-05 Swans training 020w.jpg
    A few sore bodies expected.

2016-02-05 Swans training 043 rehydrating.jpg
    See ya next time guys.
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 5th February 2016 at 01:17 PM.

So Rogue the question on everybody's lips, did you meet up with paper_rival.......and was she really a 50 yr old male bus driver with a wig?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast