Thread: McVeigh as a future coach?

McVeigh as a future coach?

Chillin' with the strange Quarks

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Well, he already has the "pointing" skills down.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Well, he already has the "pointing" skills down.
    Yes that part will come easy.

While I don't think this is a bad move I am slightly surprised they have given Macca the gig in front of Stuey Dew or Kirky or Blakey or whatever. I wonder why? I would have expected they would have let someone more qualified have the coaching gig but invited Macca to sit in on the coaches' meetings etc leading up to the game and in the box during the game. I wonder if they think it will help him lead better onfield if he knows what the coaches are facing/looking at?

One thing I like about it is that it contributes to the strong reputation of Swans looking after players. Whether it is supporting Buddy, standing by AJ after three (but before the fourth) knee reco, facilitating Teddy and Pyke to pursue their studies and finance careers etc. It helps make Sydney a destination club. A player can reasonably think I am joining a top notch culture and will be looked after and supported by the club as far as is reasonable. I'm sure others can think of more examples.
    Last edited by bloodspirit; 16th February 2016 at 05:06 PM.

Veterans List
    Is it bad that the first thing I thought about when I heard that McVeigh was coaching was how many times he would point??

I had to laugh reading this quote from him..."It's not really a pointer to a coaching future" ????.

It may also be a good way for a senior player to be able to better relate to what the coaches might be thinking during the game. He can pass this on to the leadership group and the other players. With only one runner allowed these days it might also help with on field adjustments if Macca has more exposure to things from the coach's perspective.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph