Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New AFL Rules and Interpretations for 2016 Season

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    You are implying that I run around shouting "nanny state" from the rooftops.
    Weird.
    It was used in a context...
    No I'm not. To quote the immortal Homer Simpson: "Hmmm, confused, would we?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    No I'm not. To quote the immortal Homer Simpson: "Hmmm, confused, would we?"
    To quote the fictional cartoon character Stewie Griffin: "Don't hate me for speaking my mind, hate yourself for knowing it's true"

Your turn
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

I think the deliberate out of bounds rule will hurt Hawthorn and help the Swans because any time Hawthorn fail to hit a target it must be deliberate, while for the Swans the ball usually goes out of bounds when trying to hit a target, ergo, not really deliberate. I think the umpires know that. What I'm worried about is if Dane Rampe hits a target, the umpires might still call a deliberate attempt to kick out of bounds and only a due to a miskick did he manage to find another player. But this happens so rarely, I'm not too concerned.

Ludwig, I laughed - and then I nearly cried. Just too close to the bone!

Is there any reason why we can't just get rid of the third man up at the ruck completely and make the ruck a genuine contest between two big boofy men?

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Is there any reason why we can't just get rid of the third man up at the ruck completely and make the ruck a genuine contest between two big boofy men?
    I tend to share your view on that - the umpires themselves seem to have some difficulty interpreting the legality of third man up situations. From reports it seems the AFL did consider a change to this along with the other changes that have been introduced but ended up saying that nothing would be changed for this season while they continued to "monitor the tactic".

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I tend to share your view on that - the umpires themselves seem to have some difficulty interpreting the legality of third man up situations. From reports it seems the AFL did consider a change to this along with the other changes that have been introduced but ended up saying that nothing would be changed for this season while they continued to "monitor the tactic".
    Not sure how much more they need to monitor to see the ruck contest is just a sideshow now, maybe Mike can find time to have a look into it once he has all his stadium ducks in a row....

Yeah, the 3rd man up doesn't really do it for me. Seems an area which can be sneakily taken advantage of.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    To quote the fictional cartoon character Stewie Griffin: "Don't hate me for speaking my mind, hate yourself for knowing it's true"

Your turn
    How did I know you'd be a fan of Family Guy? Uncanny!

I see no reason to add new rules. Just inforce existing ones.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I see no reason to add new rules. Just inforce existing ones.
    You enjoy the current blocking and general chaos at the ruck contest that sees ruckmen consistently being interfered with then barry?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    How did I know you'd be a fan of Family Guy? Uncanny!
    Giggity.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast